Just Bought a Wrapsol for my 4s

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Eager Beaver, Oct 11, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502a

Eager Beaver

Just Bought a Wrapsol for my 4s from Wal-mart for $20.00
    It covers front & back and has 6 strips for the top, bottom, sides.

Anyone use these before?
    Any good or should I take it back?
    Any tips, or suggestions?

thanks in advance - :)

2. macrumors 6502

i did the wet application Wrapsol on mine and it was easy. I was given it as a replacement due to the Ultra (dry) version being extremely difficult to install.

However this was when they first released them back in 2010 when iPhone 4 was released.

Try it out and let us know how it works!

3. macrumors newbie

I've used it on 2 iPhone 4 a couple of months back and also bought one for my 4s and they worked wonderfully for me. My wife's did start peeling off very quickly but that was due to the way she handled it.

4. macrumors member

go into bathroom when you are going to apply the skin.

1. turn on hot shower, let the room kind of steam up. it will help knock down any large dust particles floating in the air
    2. make sure you have a small bowl of water to dip your fingers in so that you don't get any finger prints on the skins.
    3. carefully apply (if you can do it in one shot is the best)

make sure to keep your receipt, in case you need free warranty replacement from wrapsol.com (they are very good at this)

5. macrumors 6502

You do know you might not be able to use all the side pieces since the 4S vibrate switch is lower than the ATT iPhone 4?

6. macrumors member

it's designed to fit both ATT and Verizon phones...so it'll work fine for the 4s since it's the same as the Verizon phone. well...as long as he bought version UPHAP004, which is the newer cut

7. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eager Beaver

I was thinking of a pair of latex surgical gloves to avoid finger prints?

How can I tell what verion it is? (didn't see on the box)?

8. macrumors 6502

Well, even then the only piece that won't fit properly is the one that goes between the vibrate switch and volume up, so no big deal

9. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eager Beaver

This stuff can be trimmed with a small scissor or an exacto knife if needed right?
    (not made steel or nothing like that?)?

10. macrumors member

I'd like to know how to identify this as well, there's no indicator of this part # that's obvious on the box I just picked up from Walmart eheh..

11. macrumors member

yes, you can.

it's in white letters, if i remember correctly.

12. macrumors newbie

just got an email today from wrapsol, incase anyone else was thinking of buying one for the 4s..

[​IMG]

13. macrumors member

14. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eager Beaver

This wrapsol is kickass - I have used alot of film protectors, and this one is the best so far - Go into Wal-mart, spend the $20, and enjoy, (even covers the sides) -
    My new 4s will stay "new" forever - :)

15. macrumors 6502a

vong

16. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eager Beaver

No, it is crystal clear all the way around, no one really even knows it's there.
    It comes with the long side strip for the non-sim model, as well as two short strips for the att/sim model -

I am extremely picky, but couldn't be happier -:)

17. macrumors member

glad to hear. I'm a wrapsol convert also after being a long time zagg user. Btw, wrapsol has great skins for macbooks also!

18. macrumors 6502a

vong

Aw, I liked the matte back on iPhone, bummer!

19. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eager Beaver

I'm sure you can find some old stock somewhere, (if you actually wanted one) -
    Is your new 4s bare, or do you have another case for it?

20. macrumors newbie

bought one of these at walmart - put it on last night - I have a few bubbles and a line on the sticky side was there before I even put it on.... for the bubbles: we'll see if this 24-48 hour claim is true.... as for the line - I think it's just a defect and I'll have to have it replaced regardless of the bubbles....

Can you return this to walmart for an exchange or do I now have to go through Wrapsol for a replacement?

21. macrumors member

depends on how friendly your walmart is. might be easier to try through wrapsol first and if not then walmart.

22. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eager Beaver

Bring it directly back to walmart with your receipt, tell them it was missing the side pieces, they'll be happy to exchange it for you right away. Don't even deal with wrapsol until your walmart return date expires, (the return date is printed on your receipt) -

23. macrumors 6502

Get the Ghost Armor if you want matte ;)

24. macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Phantomskinz. That's where I go for matte covers.

25. macrumors regular

Macguy76

I used the Wrapsol for my iPhone 4 last summer and I really didn't like how thick it was. After purchasing several of them, I stopped using them.

I now use SGP screens and they are easy to put on, very durable and they have several different ones for different needs.

I use the Ultra Crystal. It's completely clear and looks like you don't have a screen shield on your iPhone. My other favorite is the Ultra-Optics. It's like a fingerprint resistant screen that is very nice to look at. It's almost as nice as the ultra crystal!

Plus they start at $13.99 for 2 sets.