Just Bought an AkaiMPK49, SterlingAudioST51 CondenserMic, & M-Audio Firewire Solo Int

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by StickeSabado, Dec 23, 2009.

1. macrumors newbie

Dec 23, 2009
    What's up everyone??? happy holidays!!!!! Last Night I Just Bought an AkaiMPK49, SterlingAudioST51 CondenserMic, & M-Audio Firewire Solo Interface <--- Pretty Excited....Im running on a MacPro (version10.5.8) I'm Pro Tools Saavy but havent used it in a couple years based on the fact im broke, so all my production has been with Garageband.... I actually dig it, super simple but it did what i needed it to do to begin.....Tryin to keep this all short as possible but i basically am still gonna use my garageband to record my vocals on instrumentals i have made over the past year but im having no success recording in garageband.... i been tryin to research the products i was gettin before i even picked em up to get reviews and see what i might need to do so im not complaining much... and since ive bought it i havent really researched any troubleshooting tips that may help me, but i wanted to register and come on here and ask if anyone can help me out..... i read up on it a little bit and from posts over a year ago people were saying they were having issues where they would see that the mic is connected and getting response because the levels are moving in the M-Audio Firewire Solo mixing screen but Garageband is getting no response.... Gonna research it more right now but any help would really be appreciated.... Thanks!!!
  2. thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 23, 2009
    Oh im sorry and i......

and i have Gone on to M-audio.com and downloaded the necessary driver for my Firewire, i dunno what i gotta do.... thanks yall :)
  3. macrumors 6502a

Dec 1, 2007
    I'd like to know how the SterlingAudioST51 CondenserMic is at cardioid isolating noise like the Mac Pro. I sold my Mac Pro for several reasons, one of them being the noise, not excessive but audible.