Just bought MX 1000 mouse will be here in a couple of days

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jc0481, Jun 13, 2005.

1. jc0481 macrumors regular

So what can I expect? Will it live up to the positive review from this forum? I'm happy that I bought the mouse. Do I have to install the extra software to configure the back and forward buttons on the mouse? Thanks.

2. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

cant configure the back and forward buttons.
    at least not to my knowledge

search the forums.

3. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

if its like the mx510 you have to manually map them to cmd+] and cmd+[ but it should work.

4. raddsigns macrumors member

you can map the back and forward buttons on the thumb - but not the scroll rocker. I have the mouse and the logitech control center works great for mapping the buttons.

I've been having problems with mine just freaking out lately - it will start scrolling through menus, or pop up the window switch (like cmd+tab) and just scroll through it forever until I slam it on the desk.

Sometimes the mouse buttons will stick and the tracking has been horrible lately.

I've had mine about 3 months and it's worked great up until the last 2-3 weeks. Haven't installed any new apps or anything that would screw with it, so I'm not sure if I just have a defective unit or what.

I'd be curious to see if anyone else has had any problems and if they've found any fixes.

When it works - it's the best mouse I've ever owned, but I would love to fix the random quirks it's been having lately.

5. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

I had some freakish behavior on my mouse too. But when I moved my receiver for totally unrelated reasons, all the sudden it begun to behave. You might want to try that.

6. japasneezemonk macrumors 6502

japasneezemonk

i bought it and regret it.

gonna sell it on ebay :(

7. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

how do you manually type in the command i don't see where to enter it :confused:

edit - i figured it out

8. Flying Llama macrumors 6502a

Flying Llama

Or you could never install the included software, or unistall it. Then use usboverdrive x (too lazy to get it link). It might not have to latest cocoa looking design, but it works very well! (You can configure to back and forward rocker on the scroll wheel, for finder safari etc...!!)