Just bought my 1st Mac!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by cypher, May 1, 2004.

1. cypher macrumors member

Sep 28, 2003
    I.ve been waiting to buy the PB 12" for a long long long time now but i was waiting for the updates as i thought the prices were too much for what they were offering. But now with the new updates, free airport, 4x superdrive and such I bought it last night though the edu store which has a special discount and free 512Mb ram instead of the 256MB. It was priced at $1568 for the 12" PB w/ superdrive and 512 RAM and the final price was $1658 after tax and 2 day shipping. Do you think I got a good deal or would i be getting it at a cheaper price somewhere else? Also when do you think I be recieving it?

2. Mr. Monsieur macrumors 6502

Apr 21, 2004
    Sounds like you got a really good deal to me! I ordered a new 14 inch iBook for about the same price (it did come with applecare, though, as well as the bluetooth upgrade). I wish I could have gotten an education discount!
  3. DGFan macrumors 6502a

Mar 28, 2003
    Which school do you go to? All the schools I have selected list the Superdrive 12" PB at $1599 with no special discount on RAM.
  4. gekko513 macrumors 603

Oct 16, 2003
    Congrats on your purchase! It sounds like a good deal to me.
  5. cypher thread starter macrumors member

Sep 28, 2003
    It was the Washington University in St Louis apple store.