Just bought my first mac, #$@#$ the PC!!!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by nspeds, Aug 8, 2002.

1. nspeds macrumors member

Aug 8, 2002
    I just purchased a top of the line iBook with 384mb ram, and a 10gb iPod

Im surprised that the shipping of the iPod is going to take more then 2 weeks. The ibook will take 2-3 days plus 2 days shipping, i cant wait!!!!!
  2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nov 1, 2001
  3. MacMaster macrumors 6502

Jul 17, 2002
    Good for you! Hope you enjoy owning a mac! It should be fun for you.
  4. Mr.Hey macrumors 6502

Jul 17, 2002
    I freaken love my ibook.....she completes me, now all I need is the iPod :mad: ....every freak with an iPod even peecee users will be able to know and enjoy all the new features that mac users recived today, except this freak :9

Oh and welcome to the club...as you can see I'm pissed about not having an iPod and wont be buying one until a month from now.:eek:
  5. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    Welcome to the family! Hope it gives you everything you need it to do.:)
  6. Nipsy macrumors 65816

Jan 19, 2002
    Re: Just bought my first mac, #$@#$ the PC!!!

Well, the 10GB new iPod is a post release of the 20B iPod, which came out on the 1st. Mine (20GB) finally shipped today, and I beleive you may see yours sooner than you think.
  7. buffsldr macrumors 6502a

May 7, 2001
    as a new ibook owner myself, I say, welcome to the club. I hope you enjoy it.
  8. jefhatfield Retired

Jul 9, 2000
    now you are one of us ibook folk...welcome!

did you get 12.1" inch 700 or 14.1" inch 700?

i bet you will never go back to a pc laptop again...let us know how you like it:)
  9. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

Nov 4, 2001
    Welcome, I hope to hear about how you get on and everything. The road to Apple is an easy one to get on to but a hard one to get off :)

10. bbarnhart macrumors 6502a

Jan 16, 2002
    Stilwell, Kansas
    Wireless network

Get an airport card and a wireless hub (either Apple's or another brand). You will be amazed at how free you will feel with nothing plugged in.

11. kaltsasa macrumors 6502a

Jan 9, 2002
    Kellogg IA
    Airport is great, my gf loves it on her ibook, and we use the lan port off to an 8 port switch, the airport makes easy networking of the whole apt. pc's and macs, plus if the dsl goes out we can easly dial up as a backup.
  12. drastik macrumors 6502a

Apr 10, 2002
    Hey, good for you guy, get ready to spend life as a happy computer person, not a stoop shouldered frustrated one. All the best in your new endeavor, may you own a dozen more macs.
  13. nspeds thread starter macrumors member

Aug 8, 2002

thx, it's the 14.1 inch version, im a debator so i need something reliable coz i've lost so many of my cases on the pc. I also do a little DJing so hopefully my iPod will improve the functionality furthermore.

hopefully, i should make my family jealous now, we have a crappy HP notebook 1.2ghz, a gateway 2000 2.0ghz desktop, and an hp pavilion desktop 900mhz:D
  14. ibananarama macrumors newbie

Jul 23, 2002
    i just switched too!

this is my first mac and i want something to download music/programs (i'm a bad person)....and i found that limewire really really really sucks and is slow...it also has window errors and i hate it....i downloaded the zombie hotline client but i am unfamiliar with how it works...i also don't know how to get a user name and password...can anyone give me some advice on this?
  15. nspeds thread starter macrumors member

Aug 8, 2002
    Try going to www.download.com, it should automatically detect the Mac OS and filter programs that work on it. From there look for any filesharing progs in the Top 10, they always are:).
  16. wake up Jobs!!! macrumors regular

Mar 10, 2002
    Miami, Florida

Congradulations! I am glad you have ditched the dull old peecee for the ibook. This will probably go down as one of the best decisions you will make, as computers go.

Have fun!

17. Fukui macrumors 68000

Jul 19, 2002
    As a switcher too, hopefully I can give some advice.:)

Get Acquisition for OSX its a Gnutella Sharing app, and Neo for Kaaza downloading. They are great apps, and are Cocoa, so they won't have those weird window problems like Limewire. You can get them at www.versiontracker.com.

PS Check out Chimera and Omniweb for faster/nicer IE 5 alternatives...
  18. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

Jun 25, 2001
    Moneyapolis, Minnesota