Just bought the Airport extreme and...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by evanrousso, Mar 14, 2007.

1. evanrousso macrumors 6502

Aug 28, 2006
    this thing is blazing fast. I have no wireless deadspots in my house and set up was easy as expected. Anyone one on the fence about buying this have no fear.
  2. Reflow macrumors 68000

Mar 30, 2005
    Great to hear. Welcome to the wireless side :D
  3. iPhil macrumors 68040

Well i just dropped $179.99 & change and i'm thinking on 'How easy to setup with XP,how quickly to 'net-goodness on my :apple: systems albeit there less 20 feet away from the router location..
  4. cubbie5150 macrumors 6502a

Mar 4, 2007
    My AEBS was delivered just today. I got home, installed the utility on my MBP & my windows laptp, hooked everyhting up, (including my HP printer) and was surfing wirelessly on my MBP (gonna keep my windws laptop connected via ethernet cable b/c it isn't -n enabled) and printing documents in about 15 minutes. I hesitated spending $180 for this, but right now I think t was worth the price premium.
  5. extraextra macrumors 68000

Jun 29, 2006
    It's so amazing, works flawlessly with all my computers and gadgets (Wii, etc.). Definitely worth the price. Especially if you're inept like me, it's really simple to set up.
  6. Italchef macrumors 6502

Nov 3, 2003
    Maple, Ontario
    Similar experience here. About to add a new iMac to complement my G4 flat panel that I installed an airport extreme card into. I am aware that the n router will only go as fast as my G4 will allow but seeing as I'm a network newbie I opted for the Apple option. Setup took maybe 15 minutes and I was up and running with printer attached and working. One thing to note: I saw many complain about slow speeds and have not noticed anything on my system that supports that. I did find that using Firefox over Safari really speeds things up. I never really gave this much thought before going wireless, but now I've switched browsers and see a difference.
    For what its worth.