Just Completed F.E.A.R (spoiler)

Discussion in 'Games' started by jaxstate, Jun 26, 2006.

1. jaxstate macrumors 6502a

I finished F.E.A.R over the weekend, and the ending was very Halo 2'ish. All it did was set up for the expansion pack. The game was the best looking game I've ever played, and I was very excited to play it at first. But about 15 hours into the game, running down the hall/building/vent got boring. Here's my ratings outta 10.

Graphics 10
    gameplay 8
    weapons 8.5
    enviroments 6 (very repetitious)
    scare factor 7.5

Overall, it was a good game. Next up Warhammer 40k:Dawn of War Gold Ed.

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I finished it ages ago and yes the Ending is awful, period...... Really, really dissapointing.

I wouldnt give the graphics 10 simply because there wasnt enough variety in them, its basically the same thing from start to finish - extremely repetative.

My scores would be

Graphics 8.5 - lovely for whats there, just whats there is seen in the first 20 minutes, after that you've seen it all. Environments are very repetative.
    And what's with the rats? They are the size of dogs and look like they are made up of 6 polygons... But yes the sparks are nice...

Gameplay 8 - certainly far better than Doom 3 or Quake 4, the slow mo and flying kick can be a lot of fun

Environments 6 - starts of promising and goes down hill from there. Same thing over and over and over. Literally seen it all after 30 minutes of play.

Scare Factor 3 - Compared to Silent Hill's classic moments it's nothing. Compared to the ultimate scary game 'System Shock 2' it's like a hoilday in disney world. If you brick it during this game your either suffer from an extremely nervous dissposition, or 6 years old...