Just English Please

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Krazykrl, Aug 3, 2005.

1. Krazykrl macrumors member

I have an iBook running Tiger. When I boot and it gets to the login screen, at the top there is a icon of a U.S. flag and a pull down menu with many languages. I just want English all the time, does anyone know how to get rid of this pull down menu? I have searched everywhere I could think of. Maybe I I missed it.

2. stridey macrumors 65816

stridey

Just hold down command (the one with the cloverleaf/apple) and drag the icon out of the menubar.

3. Krazykrl thread starter macrumors member

Uhm, are you mistaking 'menu bar' for the Dock?

I am talking about the login screen when it shows a list of users to choose from.

BTW, I know what the command key is. :cool: I may be new to the MacRumors forums, but not new to Macs at all. Just so everyone knows.

4. mkubal macrumors 6502a

Sys prefs > Accounts > Login Options > uncheck "show input menu in login window"

;)

Edit: Login options is the little house in the bottom left. You might have to authenticate by clicking the lock at the bottom for it to allow you to open the login options.

Edit 2: Oh, and I'm pretty sure that stridey's right about dragging things off the menu bar using the command key. I just don't want to try it and then have to figure out how to get something to display again. For the dock you don't need to use the command key. FYI :)

5. Krazykrl thread starter macrumors member

Excellent. Thank you very much, I definitely missed that one.

Altho I wouldn't have guessed it to be called 'Input Menu'.

6. stridey macrumors 65816

stridey

Sorry, I misunderstood. And again, sorry about under-estimating your mac savvy, but we get some newbies that don't know a thing about macs.

7. mkubal macrumors 6502a

Nor would I. That's why I had to test it first. You'd think they'd call it language or something like that.

8. ChrisFromCanada macrumors 65816

ChrisFromCanada

But it kind of makes sense because when you change it you aren't changing the language the system is in. You are changing the characters your keyboard inputs, hence the input menu.

9. Krazykrl thread starter macrumors member

That program isn't even compatible with Panther, let alone Tiger. It has stopped development.