iPad Just got a brand "new" iPad 4 made week 37 (September)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by SJism23, Dec 28, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

I'm disturbed by this. My 4th gen iPad, which I received recently, was made in week 37 (September). This is a long time ago (3 months!). Should I be concerned by this? I've seen other people post their iPad 4 info when they bought it in November and it was made sometime in October.

All info (minus serial number):
    Model introduced: 2012
    Request: If your iPad is made in Brazil then please let us know.
    Production year: 2012
    Production week: 37 (September)
    Group1: iPad
    Group2: WiFi
    Generation: 4
    Screen size: 9.7 inch
    Screen resolution: 2048x1536 pixels
    Colour: Black
    Capacity: 32GB
    Factory: DM (China - Foxconn)

2. macrumors P6

MacDawg

Why would this disturb you or concern you?

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Because it was made over 3 months ago. I doesn't take that long to ship from China to Canada... Also, I'm worried that this is a returned model.

4. macrumors regular

Oh dear...

5. iSensei, Dec 28, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012

macrumors regular

.... :rolleyes: I suppose they should have delivered it hot out of the oven just for you right?

Perhaps your mother did not hug you enough while you were a child? Maybe she didn't breast feed you? Perhaps you want to take out your anger in a mall or school full of children because of this? Who knows? Whatever the reason is...there is help. Please do not take out your anger on innocent civilians because of this.

6. macrumors 6502a

Oh such nonsense! The things people come up with in their minds. If the damn thing was sealed in a box, it is not a returned model. Apple sales those as refurbs. REALLY?

7. macrumors 6502a

paulbennett95

I reread your post three times to see if I was missing something, but no, you are infact, complaining that your device was manufactured three months ago. You honestly think they make a product and instantly sell it? What do you think warehouses are for? They were making ipad 4's long before they even announced it, before we even had rumors on it, because if they didn't, they'd have an even worse supply problem.
    inb4 "lol u guys r dumb i was trolling (i hope they don't realize how stupid I just sounded)"

8. macrumors regular

^That, or making up excuses for taking out his frustration on other people.

9. macrumors 6502

This is absolutely the best reply of the year! :D

10. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wow, I feel like a complete idiot. I guess I was overreacting. Thanks for the (albeit insulting) responses everyone!

(BTW, I'm typing this on my 3-month "old" iPad.)

11. macrumors regular

88Keys

You took that like a champ. kudos.

12. macrumors newbie

Dang flame city you better stop drop and roll bro

13. macrumors 6502

numberforty1

I love it

14. macrumors regular

it is very strange.

when apple ships from china the products are always out of the oven, they are always manufactured in the current week....

i think it is possible your is a returned unit and repackaged....i would exchange it in the 14 days window.....

i always buy from apple online store because i want products manufactured in the last weeks....

don't tell me i am crazy : for my experience products are always better after the first weeks... if you take an ipad 4 of 37th week and an ipad 4 of 49th week you can feel the difference if you are really paranoic (like me). i had both 40th (i've seen 3 of that week) week and 48th (i've seen 4 of that week) week of ipad 4 and the screens are really differents.... i think the first batches had a different manufacturer for example ;)

15. macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

BS logic. The reason why the screens are different is because Apple from Day 1 has always used more than one supplier. It doesn't matter if it was made in week 37, 40 or 48. Apple used the same component manufacturers in each week. If you took a larger, more statistically significant sample, you'll find that the variety in screens is the same regardless of week.

16. macrumors 601

clyde2801

As has already been speculated, they're selling the snot out of the minis. If you just got one of those, it probably just got uncrated the night before.

The 4's, not so much.

17. macrumors regular

Pathetic thread honest

Does it really matter when it was made as long it working 100%

18. macrumors 68040

I never checked mine to tell the truth when it was manufactured, maybe there is something to it but it escapes me what it might be UNLESS there was a bad batch perhaps I'd be concerned.

Working 100% for what I use it for is all that really mattered to me. Same with any piece of electronics I ever bought, never checked the build date.

19. macrumors regular

No big deal. Why would they sell it to you right after it's made? If you buy McDonald's food, it's probably from a couple of months ago. Be concerned if it's like my iPad where it came with a broken home button.

20. macrumors regular

I understand where the OP is coming from. Many of us believe that the first initial batch are the ones where problems would be more likely.

I purposely avoided getting a iphone 5 for a couple months after reading all the initial stories. The first thing I did when getting mine was to check the production week number.

Its only natural that problems with scuffing or display issues will be silently fixed after a couple of weeks

21. macrumors 68000

Medic311

how do threads like this even exist...

22. macrumors member

hayden1250

What is the best before date? Has it expired?

23. macrumors G3

Three months? Sucks about you battery. ;)

24. macrumors 65816

My 2010 Mazda 3 was made in 2009, should I be worried?

25. macrumors 6502a

I would be! LOL