Just got a DS Lite!! What games should I get?

Discussion in 'Games' started by lmalave, Nov 20, 2006.

1. lmalave macrumors 68000

Nov 8, 2002
    Chinatown NYC
    I am more into Role-Playing and Strategy games (on the PC and Mac my all-time faves are the Civilization series for strategy and the Ultima series for RPG). Anyone played Age of Empires? I think that might be one of the few games for the DS that are like what I usually play on the PC...

P.S. the games I have so far are: Mario Kart, Brain Age, and Nintendogs.
  2. bowens macrumors 6502a

Jun 19, 2006
    Trenton, FL
    I was going to recommend Mario Kart but you already have it. I would pick up New Super Mario Bros., also I hear that FFIII is really good. It just came out last week.
  3. bokdol macrumors 6502a

Jul 23, 2002
    i picked up ff III and it is awesome. if you like old school turn based rpg. graphics are great. and i like the job changing system for a added touch. it's just an all around great rpg. there is alot of explore, kill, level, and fight bosses. now i just wish they bring ff 7 to the ds. that would be awesome.
  4. antikryst macrumors newbie

Mar 1, 2006
    got a DS yesterday too.

if you like strategy games get advance war: dual strike...getting mine tomorrow :p

the game i got the DS for was Elite Beat Agents...its weird but fun..look it up. also waiting for Zelda but I guess i gotta wait for that
  5. Dagless macrumors Core

Jan 18, 2005
    Fighting to stay in the EU
    If I could only have 3 DS games so far-

Final Fantasy 3 (absolutely love it, old skool values in 3D)
    Tetris DS (addiction)
    Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (one of the best 2D game ever, which makes it one of my favourite games ever)
  6. NewbieNerd macrumors 6502a

Sep 22, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    well ff7 better be coming to the psp via the ps1 emulator...otherwise that thing is gonna be a waste to A LOT of people.
  7. Markleshark macrumors 603

Aug 15, 2006
    Carlisle, Up Norf!
    Thats the one.
  8. lmalave thread starter macrumors 68000

Nov 8, 2002
    Chinatown NYC
    thanks for the advice everyone!

Sounds like I will definitely get Advance War and FFIII. One strategy and one RPG should keep me occupied for a while...
  9. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

Jan 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I just got a DS lite the other day and picked up Tetris DS and Metroid Prime Hunters.

10. mechamac macrumors regular

Aug 17, 2003
    I'd avoid Age of Empires DS if I were you. My game locked up a few times in the course of my empire building, and from what I've been able to glean from the Internet there's no solution. I think there's a freezing bug in the game if your Empire name is only a few characters long, but mine was longer and I was still affected. It's too bad, it's a pretty good game otherwise. But I'd say Advance Wars: DS is the much better buy. It's far more polished and fun to play.

I also shout out for the little-loved (except by me) Resident Evil-DS, now only $20 on Amazon. I got the demo for Elite Beat Agents the other day and I think that'll be my next buy. Lots of fun.
  11. NeoMac macrumors regular

Feb 10, 2006
    I have the following games and I really enjoy them, I would recommend them.

New Super Mario Bros.
    Elite Beat Agents
    Trauma Center
    Phoenix Wright
    Metroid Prime Hunters