Just got a GameCube!

Discussion in 'Community' started by idkew, Feb 10, 2003.

1. idkew macrumors 68020

idkew

where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
    I just got a Nintendo GameCube. This thing is great!

Who cares if macs have few games when you have a gamecube run by ati and ibm's ppc? it takes a lot of cash to duplicate this on a pc.

The graphics are amazing and the control is just as great.

so far i have only metriod prime, but i will be getting a few more in the next few days.

anyone have any great recommendations for the gamcube?

the pict attached is metriod prime on my projector with my 20" flat screen tv in there for comparison. it is about 60" diagonal on that wall.

Attached Files:

• cube.jpg
      cube.jpg
      File size:
      79.9 KB
      Views:
  2. Juventuz macrumors 6502a

Juventuz

I love my GameCube, got it the day they were released...

I would pickup Medal of Honor: Frontline, FIFA2003 and a couple other sports games.

I can't wait for the Matrix game that they'll be releasing in May, it looks amazing.

3. idkew thread starter macrumors 68020

idkew

Also- does anyone know what is in the works for all those expansion ports? I know of the modem and broadband connection, but there are two other available ports...

4. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

A friend of mine has a Gamecube and I have played it before. I really like the controllers. But, I still like my PS2.

5. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

http://hankfiles.pcvsconsole.com/answer.php?file=397

6. hvfsl macrumors 68000

hvfsl

Meteriod Prime will keep you busy for a few weeks, I had it since christmas and have not completed it yet. Other good games are:

Super Smash Bros - A great multiplier game for when you have friends around.

Sonic Battle - If you don't have sonic on the Dreamcast, then get this game.

Mario Sunshine - Pure fun on a disk.

Star Wars Rogue Squadran - the best Star Wars game ever.

Timespliters 2 - if you like Golden Eye or Perfect Dark on the N64, then get this. (Although the Xbox version is a bit better since it has online multiplayer mode.)

Meteriod is my number 2 game of all time at the moment (behind Perfect Dark). To me both games are much better than halo which is number 20 for me.

7. Xero macrumors 6502

ah a fine first game purchase! hehe.

along with games that have been mentioned, i here super monkey ball 2 is fun, but ive havent played it/seen it yet.

also watch out for the new zelda game coming soon. i guess if you pre order it from many game retailers, you get a GC version of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for free.

8. howard macrumors 68020

howard

yes!!! super monkey ball 2 all the way!!!!!

if you like games similar to zelda the starfox game is ok...not spectacular but it might appeal to some

9. medea macrumors 68030

medea

actually the first super monkey ball is much better than the second, in my opinion that is. Geez, I havn't played my Cube in a while.....I need some new games.

10. technocoy macrumors 6502a

technocoy

congrats on the gamecube!!

metroid is wicked and only gets better the more you play it.

GET resident evil 0! It is phenominal.

I love my PS2, but the progressive scan on the gamecube ROCKS and it's graphics are superior.

Tech:D

11. PyroTurtle macrumors regular

smash bros is a must...it should com bundled with the cube...

you ahve to get wavebird controllers though, they are the best! no rumble, but for smash bros they are a must imho...

other games...luigis mansion isn't that bad...neither is bounty hunter...world cup is better than FIFA2003, but that's just me...

if you liek RPG's Skies of Arcadia Legends is the way to go...
    just about anything at this point, it's the best system out there, but i still have a dreamcast and PS2...

12. idkew thread starter macrumors 68020

idkew

i am a big raceing fan, (NOT NASCAR!) i just got burnout, but what other great ones are out there? golf games?

thanks.