Just got a Logitech V270, did i do good?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by daneoni, Jan 18, 2007.

1. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

I just bought....well someone bought me a Logitech V270 BT mouse for my MBP and i wanted to know if its a waste of money. Personally i thinks pretty good, i wish it were bigger though, not so ergonomic.

Also i wish i could see the battery level in OS X as you would a Mighty Bouse, so i know when to start looking out for new batteries. Its tracking is also very sensitive requiring me to drag the slider all the way down to slow but thats not really a problem...im nitpicking now.

Awesome power management from the mouse as it goes to low power mode when not used. I can tell because when i move it after a while there's a slight hint of lag from the cursor but it returns to normal speed in less than a second.

All in all im satisfied...hey it was free afterall.

2. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

3. Mac'Mo macrumors 6502a

Mac'Mo

i have one too, its great. i love it. you did good. btw most notebook mice are very small comparative to desktop mice.

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

i have one too, it feel great, solid, and looks nice

5. nickster9224 macrumors 6502a

nickster9224

You could goto logitech's website and download their control center which lets you check battery life and configure mouse buttons.

6. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

7. ThePrimeDreamer macrumors newbie

Hey everyone, I was in the same boat as the OP when I finally decided to forgo the wireless Mighty Mouse and picked up the Logitech Z270. It's going great so far, it's only been a few minutes, but I remember reading somewhere that there's a good mouse software program to use so I can use the third button. Does anyone know this software?

8. ruZZ.il macrumors member

I liiike. I liike it alllot.
    battery life is great too... at some point I just quit switching the thing off and it still lasted a couple months.. though I dont use it all too much anymore cause.. well.. I just move around with my mbp and its.. not with me all the time:p

9. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Have you tried configuring it with Logitech Control Center? Version 2.1.3 is available and should work fine. (I can't say that for 2.1.1 or 2.1.2, though)

10. ThePrimeDreamer macrumors newbie

I downloaded version 2.1.3 but it doesn't see my mouse. When I looked at the setup, it scans for a USB device but the v270 is bluetooth. So no it didn't work.

11. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

if it works for you, you did good.

12. butaro macrumors regular