Just got a mac mini and bluetooth key board, battery help please :D

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Big-Mac-Please, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Big-Mac-Please macrumors newbie

Hello all :D

I'm brand new o mac and have got myself a mac mini and bluetooth mac keyboard.

When I'm nt using my mac should I turn the keyboard off on the switch underneath or just leave it?

I'm new to the bluetooth keyboards and such so any help on battery life and best use is welcome!

Thanx
    BigMac

2. thecow macrumors 6502

I've never used one, but I assume that if you turn it off, it will use less power than when it's on.

3. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I've heard that the BT mice suck batteries, but I leave my BT Apple KB on 24/7 and use it extensively and the batteries still last over 4 months.

4. Chubypig macrumors 6502

I bought a set of rechargeable batteries, and they work great!

5. armandocerna macrumors regular

Leave it turned on they keyboard will go to sleep after a certain amount of time . In any case I used the e2 batteries that the bt keyboard came with for 4 to 5 months for 8 hours a day 5 days a week before they finally died. I'm on my second set now. IMHO not even worth it to get rechargeables for something like this. The apple bt mouse lasts about a month I found witht the same usage as the keyboard. However the bt500 by radtech which is a nice little bluetooth mouse the batteries on that lasted 3-4 days max they were AAA's though compared to the AA's of the rest. Any how I am still using my bt keyboard with my ibook and it's great I have another one at home and I have both of them paired up with the ibook so when I bring it into work I don't have to bring they keyboard every day.

I have now ditched the bluetooth mouse though in favor of a kensington trackball becuase the other mouse had started to hurt my wrist after using it so much. Anyway congrats on the new mac and good luck.