just got a MBP for $1499!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wmmk, Nov 24, 2006.

1. wmmk macrumors 68020

wmmk

ZOMG!!!!! 1010100000111110101000111110101011111! ZOMFG! ZOMFG!!!!!
    ok, I'll stop:eek:

So I was at the North Michigan Avenue store sunday and they had a refresh MBP for $1499. Killer deal. I went back Wednesday, and it was gone. Major bummer. Anyway, I was totally determined to get this deal, so I called every apple store in Illinois, Indiana, and even one in Iowa. Anyway, the Oakbrook store had one and I've been calling about every 30 mins. to make sure they have it on hold for me since Wednesday night. Poor salespeople. ;) Anyway, I convinced my dad to wake up with me at 5:00 and pick it up. We got there at about 7:20, and the guy brought out a glossy screened refresh which seemed like it'd been used for more than 14 days. Anyway, I was not going to have my dd wake up at 5 and get the wrong computer. The Oakbrook store's stockroom is on the other end of the mall, so we had to wait about 10 minutes for them to get the matte one. The sales guy let me take it out of the box and it was gorgeous! Except for one small scratch on the bottom, you'd never know it was a refreshed model. The apple remote, DVI-VGA converter, MagSafe adapter, and AC extension cord were all in their original packaging. I also got the canon Pixima iP4300, which may not have the convenience of a scanner, but certainly will print photos nicely and be easy to print to wirelessly. BTW, the machine I got used to be the $2499 model, which has a 2.16Ghz CD, 1GB RAM, 100GB HDD, 256 VRAM, and a matte display.
    Anyway, that's my story.

Here's the great thing: The Oakbrook store has two more matte MBPs and one glossy, each specced out just like mine-for $1499. There is really light traffic on both the Tri-State and Eisenhower this morning. If you lice in Chicago and are in the market for a MacBook Pro, go to Oakbrook!!!

2. lphong@mac.com macrumors newbie

Lucky you!
    i wish they have this sort of deal in the UK:(

3. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

Nice deal!

Although when you kept saying "refresh" I couldn't figure out what you meant at first, because "refresh" typically means an updated model -- like the MBP C2D is a refresh of the MBP CD. From your story about the scratch and stuff I figure you mean "refurbished." Apple refurbished computers are almost always a fantastic deal. You lucked out with your specs, but you can get refurb MBP 2.0 CD/512MB/80GB from the Apple store for $1449.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

5. Fredou51 macrumors regular

Refresh are not the same as refurb. Refresh are computer returned within the 14 days period and just cleaned and repacked by the Apple store itself. It didn't go through Apple refurbishment process.

Frederic

6. wmmk thread starter macrumors 68020

wmmk

exactly. i believe they're also checked for any internal issues such as mooing, overheating, whining, and other stuff like that. well, I suppose I'll find out when I set it up later this afternoon.

7. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

8. KipCoon macrumors regular

KipCoon

9. direzz macrumors 6502

he probably should have said "refreshed items" ... thats what we say here in Toronto.

10. diadem macrumors regular

11. CDailey macrumors regular

Congratulations! I got mine last week with the exact same config from the apple.com refurb store for $1700. :)

12. Boxer macrumors regular

That's fantastic! Sounds like you are excited. I would be too if I got a killer deal like that. Congradulations. Enjoy it.

13. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

Ah! I did not know that. Thank you all for enlightening me. My apologies.

Enjoy your new MBP!

14. wmmk thread starter macrumors 68020

wmmk

Thanks! I'd be even more excited if the MBP could access my somewhat nonexistant netwrok!

15. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Gosh, what a deal! I know someone who was looking for a deal like that, but i'll tell you it will take more than getting up at 5 in the morning to get there lol

16. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    They do. Go into an Apple store on the last weekend of the month and you'll see a large pile of 'refreshed/refurbed' and reduced lines.

17. wmmk thread starter macrumors 68020

wmmk

how do you mean that?