Just got a new Camera!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by todd2000, Dec 23, 2006.

1. todd2000 macrumors 68000

So I just got my Christmas gift from my Friend (actually friends) in the mail yesterday. It's a Sony DSC-W50 6MP Digital Camera. I know some of you are probably going to bash Sony, but my Friend is a big fan and, it is way ahead of my old 2MP HP Photosmart 635 :). Anyway haven't had much time to play with it yet, but I managed to take some Macro shots today, at least as many as I could fit on the built in memory, since I don't have a Memory Stick yet. Anyone own this camera, or a similar model and could offer any tips? Anyway here are a few of the pics, they are hosted on my computer, sorry for the slightly slow speed, Im partial to the first one myself.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All the pictures are here if interested

Edit: Wow I've edited this post a lot in 10 min :)

2. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

wow nice pic. I got the dsc-s500 for my b-day 2 weeks ago and love it. If sony does anything right its cameras and tvs.
    edit another b-day gift :)
    DSC00102.jpg

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Sony makes great point and shoots, as do a lot of brands that are non-Canon, unlike what many people believe. I have a Canon p&s right now, and may switch to an Olympus MJU-725 SW model as my next camera. That would really be tops. :)