just got a SE p910.........and....

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by [CoRdOvA], Oct 8, 2004.

1. [CoRdOvA] macrumors newbie

just got a Sony Ericsson p910.........and....

i can't connect it with my powerbook! :confused:

i think i am about to cry, because i cant figure out how to connect my p910i to my powerbook to make software/language/games/ringtones/themes updates!! and it is driving me nuts.

I have done a little searching around on google and user forums, but i cant find the exact, simple answer i am after. A few things/apps i have found are:

-missing sync
    -installing virtual pc (so that you can install the pc suit that came with the phone... can you believe they dont have a mac version?? come one!!!)
    -pocket mac (dont think this was available for this phone)

anyway, this is all i could find, and im not even sure these will allow me to install new stuff on it?

If anyone is familiar with using a p800/900, or my phone on a mac, i would appreciate ANY help at all! :p Im not just interested in updating my iCal data and stuff,,, but i actually want to put on new software.

btw, i tried iSync and it didnt pick it up...

thank you all in advance if you have any information!!!! :eek:

and while im at it,, i cant believe in this day and age that there's no mac software that comes with new devices like these!!! seriously, its as though they think macs dont exist! it makes me MAD! :mad:

.. sorry... ;)

2. 40167 macrumors regular

http://www.clubsonyericsson.com/en/software_macintosh.shtml

Oh they dont make macintosh software? Just grab Salling Software Ericsson Client and have a blast.... (btw, incase your wondering... the 3rd party stuff normaly works better in sony's case, as sony's real software doesnt work that great [atleast when connecting to a T68i that I had... used it as a modem])

As for the phone actualy connecting to the computer, well ive only used a T610 and infrared to do that (file sending) from a pocketpc... I dont put that much junk on the phone, and havent even touched a p800/900 yet... so cant help with that part.

3. Macs R Us macrumors 6502

Here on My Mac(s) in my house in the USA!
    I thoght you meant a Mac SE:)... I have no info on this Camera :confused: :) :rolleyes:

4. 40167 macrumors regular

hehe, yeah... the title got cut off, thought the same here at first. (oh, its a phone btw :)

5. Macs R Us macrumors 6502

Yep:).... Shows how much I know... To Much high tech stuffon phones:)...

6. [CoRdOvA] thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you so much!!!! i dont think im going to cry now. I just downloaded this application.. i will give it a try soon and let you know how i go.

Thanks again for your help!!! :cool:

7. [CoRdOvA] thread starter macrumors newbie

oh well. looks like i got too excited, too soon! i cant get it to find my phone. :(

if anyone else has any ideas, i would appreciate your help! :)

8. Macs R Us macrumors 6502

I would help if I knew about a cell pohne... All I know about phones is about Phone Systems...