Just got a used 17" iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ltrain, Apr 1, 2007.

1. ltrain macrumors newbie

Apr 1, 2007
    Hi all,

I just joined the forum, but I've been trolling here for a while. Recently, I had the opportunity to pick up a mint-condition 17" Core Duo iMac (early 2006) for $500. It has 1.5 GB of RAM and the 1.83GHz Core Duo, plus Apple Care until 2009. It looks a little awkward surrounded by my black speakers and 20.5" LCD, but dual-monitor mode is awesome. Did I get a good deal?

So far, I love this thing, and it blows my Rev. C 12" Powerbook out of the water! I never realized what a waste of space my PC tower is, since this iMac is at least as fast and entirely self-contained.

Well, I just wanted to say hello and share my joy of new ownership. See you all around!
  2. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

Mar 3, 2005
    I personally think that's a steal. How did you get that?
  3. cowman007 macrumors regular

Mar 17, 2007
    yea thats freken crazy. Can you tell me where you bought it???

Either it's a awesome deal or something is wrong
  4. BobtheTomato macrumors newbie

May 30, 2002
  5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

Feb 19, 2005
    That is a fantastic deal. Even if I had only $500 to my name I'd pick that up.
    Do tell your story of how you acquired such a deal.
    Did you get the power cord and install CDs?
  6. sparkyms macrumors 65816

Feb 22, 2007
    Southampton UK
    That's ridiculously cheap!

I hope you trust the matey that sold it to you!
  7. morphineseason macrumors regular

Apr 1, 2007
    Damn, I was just going to post a similar thread. You got a way better deal than I did. I just bought this yesterday:

I have no clue how you obtained all that for $500, but congrats. I'm still pretty happy with my $900 machine that will be shipping out on Monday, aside from the lack of the Core 2 Duo, but hopefully there won't be a huge difference between CD and C2D. The guy made up for it by including some nice perks like a wireless mouse and iWork '06.

But yea, this will be my first mac. The wait for this thing is driving me crazy :eek:
  8. Captain Planet macrumors 6502a

Captain Planet

Mar 24, 2007