Just Got an Ebay Powerbook

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by ChrisBoven, Jan 24, 2006.

1. ChrisBoven macrumors member

Jan 24, 2006
    I just purchased a 15 in Powerbook (aluminum), 1.0 Ghz, 60gb, 256 ram, Airport Extreme, Good condition and applecare till Aug 2007 off of ebay for $750. Was this a good deal?, and will it be able to handle all contemporary software effeciently? I need to buy ram though, where's a good place to get it on the internet?
  2. sw1tcher macrumors 65816

Jan 6, 2004
  3. ChrisBoven thread starter macrumors member

Jan 24, 2006
    Yes I thought it was a steal, Buy it now is often times ur best friend. But what about it running new software, and the ram?
  4. MRU macrumors demi-god

Aug 23, 2005
    Not being funny, just going on Experience.

Make sure you recieve your powerbook before ordering Ram.

I got caught in an Ebay scam last year for a powermac. There seems to be a huge amount of scammers on Ebay selling Apple products.

750 seems cheap, almost too good to be true.

Make sure you keep payment within Ebay's confinds, don't pay by wire transfer or western union.

If somthing goes wrong, Ebay are bastar*ds when it comes to doing anything to help and they always seem to ignore emails reporting scams....

Here's my thread about what happened to me..
  5. EHUnlucky7x9@ao macrumors 6502

Jan 8, 2006
    New Jersey
    Yeah...that seems too good to be true on that PB. Ebay does definately suck on helping to get my money back. Paypal sometimes gets the money back, but if they transfer the money out of their account already...paypal can't do anything about it.

Please let us know what happens with that transaction and let us know the User ID so we can be warned/known where to get our macs from next time! Thanks!