Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ColReb22

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
Oxford, MS
I ended up getting an apple case yesterday and like it, I might get a leather case later but i'm not sure. My only complaint is that you would think apple would make their iPad case with their iPad dock, but I have been taking the case off to dock so it's not that big of a deal

REnergy

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2010
Zurich
I've got my iPad for 2 months and it's still naked!!

Quite hard to find the folio case that perfectly fits to my daily use.

kaibob

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2010
Prescott, Arizona
I researched folio-style iPad cases for some time and viewed every forum thread and youtube video I could find. Unfortunately, I never located exactly what I wanted.

I finally decided on and purchased a Marware EcoVue because it was immediately available from Marware; the cost was $45 shipped; the case appears of good quality construction and seems to adequately protect the iPad; and most people who have this case appear to be happy with it.

My only real complaint is the hand strap, which is of no use for me. I would also prefer that the iPad insert from the side rather than the top.

ColReb22

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
Oxford, MS
I still like the apple case fine but am thinking about the otterbox commuter series because I dock my iPad and having to constantly remove the case is really annoying. My only hesitation is that I like the stand feature of the apple case and am not sure I would like not having it

eddy64

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2008
I've had an iPhone since the year it came out, and I've always used iSkin cases, and I have always been 100% happy with these cases. Very durable, great protection, and good quality, although they are pricey. Based on this, I decided to order an iSkin Vu yesterday. I didnt want a case that would cover the front (i find it annoying), but a case that would offer great protection against daily bumps and dings. The iSkin Revo2 for my iPhone offers such GREAT protection, that I had to go with an iSkin product. It seems solid. I'll post a review when I recieve it.
PS I also ordered a Power Support anti glare screen protector. I feel that this combination will off the best protection for school. I plan to keep my iPad in my backpack

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.