Just Got Full Auto on 360

Discussion in 'Games' started by MRU, Feb 8, 2006.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

My pre-ordered co[y of Full Auto arrived today and i've had a short time (1hour) spent on it and I'm plesantly surprised.

I downloaded the Demo on marketplace a week or two ago and on the strength of that demo was thinking of cancelling the order, but I'm glad I didn't...

Graphics are pretty much the same, but the one thing that I can see that has been improved from the demo is the framerate. Running on my HDTV at 720p everthing looks sweet and framerate is solid for the most part.

I crashed into a building and exploded just after launching a missile rocket and there was a huge amount of debris going on and the framerate dropped to the same as the demo (just under 30) for a couple of sec's and then sprung back to normal...

Game suffers from the Mario Kart syndrom AI.... You know you battle like hell on a 3 lap course, your at the front of the pack and then just as you approach the finish line a missile up your rudder makes you explode and suddenly your in 8th :eek: At least you can re-wind and chance it again, but that doesnt alway's help...

Haven't tried online yet, but will do shortly and post results/experience...

Would I recommend it? If you've got a hole in your wallet then maybe.. Otherwise rent if you can. However I must reitterate that it is better than the demo on live marketplace.

2. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

sweet, i think it comes out next week in the uk.

3. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Nope this Friday officially :)

I got mine from Play.com today. They posted early :D I'm surprised I received so fast, I'm in Ireland :eek:

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

is this the MMORPG but driving game? I think I read about this a while ago. just that concept alone has gotten me interested.

5. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

can you still jointly drive in single player, because on the demo two people could play with one car, one with the weapons one driveing, it was like co-pilot controlls.

6. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Its out already?...well i guess i should check out the reviews before i buy it.

Bless

7. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

A little OT, but what's taking them so long to realease 360 games? Didn't dev's receive their "special pre-release xbox 360 developer kits" (really just G5s) almost half a year ago?

Any game that I might be interested (action/realistic fps) isn't slated to be released until march. Heck, they just pushed the next splinter cell back all the way to september.

8. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Out in uk on the 10th officially. Just happens that the online store posted it out early to get to me for Friday, but it arrived far quicker than expected...

Well it is online; but the MMORPG game with cars your thinking of is a different game, I've seen screenshots of that on the PC in GAMEtm & Edge Magazines..... Just like a FPS but with cars right?

Yes.

What do you mean? A game usually takes 1-2 years from scratch and often times a lot longer to develop. Yes a sequel can be turned out in a year using slightly beefed up engine etc.. But 6 months from scratch on a new platform with different architecture is really pushing it. I'm amazed we've had as many 'launch' titles as we have and at the generally high standard....

9. ipacmm macrumors 65816

ipacmm

Wow, I didn't even know this game was out yet...amazon.com is showing the 14th for release date.

10. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

14th - USA, 10th UK & Ireland.

Online retailers often send out pre-orders a day or two beforehand so that it arrives to the customer for release day..

11. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

sweet i'll pick up a copy off ebay some time.

12. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

Good to hear. Sadly, the price of 360 games ($60! :eek: ) is enough to keep me away. The demo was fun and damn hard, but I didn't feel there was $60 of gameplay there. I love racing games but this just seemed...lacking. I'll put it on my Gamefly rental queue, though.

The game I'm dying to get is Fight Night Round Three! :eek:

13. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

ebay - 35 bucks a game

i dident like fight night, it's ok and all, just boreing and easy, i just beat the **** out of the ai and total KO'd him in the second round.

14. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Wowsers in Ireland we have to pay €65 - 75 per game in stores = $78 - 90

15. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

If it's so darn easy, then how about you turn out a triple-A game from scratch on a brand new console in under 6 months :rolleyes:

****! You've had prices a third less than the rest of the world, and you're complaining of price rises? We went from about c.$60 last gen to c.$75! This reminds me of the "oil crisis", where prices nearly (but not quite) reached the usual UK price :eek: