Just got iPod Video!

Discussion in 'iPod' started by daous, Dec 2, 2005.

1. daous macrumors newbie

Just got it and installed the CD. There were problems at first, such as lack of /C: Drive space, but that was soon remedied with a few uninstalls and deletes.

Then I ran into problems with connecting my iPod with the USB 1.0 ports (I tried the two generic USB ports at the back of my PC, which didn't work and that was probably due to the lack of power going to those ports). I then unplugged my USB cable to my scanner and replaced it with the iPod one and this time it worked.

iTunes activated and took around 5 minutes before identifying an iPod connection. Afterwards, I got confused with how to transfer music to my iPod, but after some tinkering around I had no problems.

Afterwards, I disconnected my iPod from the PC (properly) and I listened to some of my mp3s. I found the earphones and sound quality to be much clearer on the iPod video than the iPod nano my friend has.

Now I'm having a blast listening to my 60GB White iPod Video!!! Apple rocks!!!

2. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Now you just need a nice Mac to go along with it! Congrats on the purchase!

3. white bellied macrumors newbie

I got mine this week too!

Now, I'm having a nightmare trying to get any muisc to play on my 60Gb White iPod Video!!! Apple sucks!!!

4. ddrueckhammer macrumors 65816

ddrueckhammer

If you would post some details on why you are having problems getting music to play on your iPod maybe someone could help...Apple has the best UI of any MP3 player manufacturer so if you are having problems I'm not sure it has anything to do with their software.

5. ibook30 macrumors 6502a

ibook30

Maybe your problem can be corrected - try searching the forums for some ideas.

Congrats on the new ipod daous. Enjoy it - and it is incredibly smooth getting music to the ipod when you use a mac with it - but so is everything else! :D

6. white bellied macrumors newbie

Thanks guys, I have done both!!! See 'Help, no sound!! 60Gb video UK' apart from Steve, no one else has bothered to answer.

7. ipodcase macrumors newbie

help needed.

I got my 5g this week too. but i'm not able to do a couple of things. this is my first exposure to ipods. so please be gentle on me.

I want to store all my music in the form of folders. but i dont know how to make new folders in my ipod. currently all my music is in the form of a long list in aphabetical order.

secondly, i downloaded about 4gb of music last night. but none of it is showing in the ipod. there was some sort of corrupt files iguess. it asks me to run a "chkdsk" in ipod controls. i have no idea of how to do it. can somebody please help me with the steps to follow.

i waited for my ipod for a long time. but now that it is here i can hardly do anything on it. somebody please help.