Just got my 17" Powerbook...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by nepstar, Feb 18, 2005.

1. nepstar macrumors newbie

well, i just got my first powerbook today (17", 2GB RAM, 100GB HDD, 1.67GHZ G4 processor and 128MB Radeon 9700 Graphics)

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Do you actually have it in your hands?
    I'd be wary about being a laptop off ebay.

3. Platform macrumors 68030

Platform

If you do get it and everything is as it should I would say that you made a very good deal ;)

4. nepstar thread starter macrumors newbie

yes.. im using the powerbook now, and everything seems to be working perfectly, and the specs are the same as advertised on ebay.

5. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

In that case you got a bargin mate! Congrats! You see loads of 15"-ers going for around the £1350 mark upwards, and to get a 17" at that upgraded spec is awesome. If I didn't need the portability of my 12" PB I'd be very, very jealous!

6. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

That is a good deal congrats. I have to admit I am a wee bit jealous. I've been giving a 17'' PB some serious thought as of late. Its good to know that positive experiences can be had with purchasing on ebay. It would save a few $$$.

7. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

My girlfriend got a 12" PB from ebay and its 100% as good as from apple without any problems. When you buy something from ebay make sure you get a good seller, when i got the 12" PB for my GF i check the seller with +50 positive feedback, if you do your research you will have no problems. Congrats on your new Mac.

8. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

got any pics?

seeing as new from apple it is £2500, then if it is what you sid then yeah its amazing deal

9. iPlm macrumors regular

Congrats about your new Powerbook! Have fun using it ;)