Just got my Ebay case today

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by WeAre138, Apr 5, 2011.

1. WeAre138 macrumors newbie

Mar 14, 2011
    I found the case I ordered from Ebay back on the 12th of March. It was a surprise because I honestly forgot I had ordered it. It was around 3 bucks or so plus 9 for shipping. It doesn't seem like that bad of a case. The camera hole is a little off but not bad and the bottom edge of the home button is covered which for some reason really irritates me when I use it. It does fold over to make a stand in landscape mode but it is a little wobbly.

Oh yea almost forgot, it smells like ass. Well, like chemical ass I guess. It really has no odor when it is closed but as soon as you open it up to use your Ipad, ouch. Since I didn't pay much for it, I will probably try and air it out because I am guessing it would cost me more to send it back to them in Hong Kong than what I paid for it. My STM Skinny should be here later this week (I hope) so no big deal.
    Yea, I know, its from Hong Kong, sold on Ebay for 3 or 4 bucks so quality wasn't going to be award winning but I didn't expect the smell. If it airs out it will be a decent case. The blue color is pretty.

Attached Files:

2. bkarre macrumors newbie

Feb 25, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    What does the leather feel like? Is it similar to vinyl?

I think I may have ordered the black version of this on a whim to avoid paying $70 for a black leather smart cover, but coming from Hong Kong I likely won't have it for a while.

What was the seller's name?
  3. N23 macrumors regular

Aug 3, 2009
  4. bigstar81 macrumors newbie

Mar 17, 2011
    How does it function in the upright position?
  5. WeAre138 thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 14, 2011
    I got it from Electronic-wholeseller. I feels about the same as the 35 dollar cases they care for the first iPad at walmart. I hit it with a heavy dose of Fabreeze and let it sit on the back porch for a while and the smell has gotten better. It has magnets to keep the front closed but no sleep/wake function. Really not a bad case now that the stink has gone down some.
  6. Sundancer007 macrumors newbie

Mar 30, 2011
    N23, i ordered that same black case from the guy in NJ. I bascially wanted it for when i took it to the Ipad out somewhere and when i was home i won't use it. I will just use the smart cover.

Does the sleep/wake function work and when you open the case and when you fold the front cover back around to the back and use it like a book, does the sleep/wake function turn the Ipad off like the Yoobao case? I can get by any of the bad things for the 14.00 price unless it smells like Azz. I guess i could air it out for a week or so.
  7. N23 macrumors regular

Aug 3, 2009
    With the right amount of pressure to the right side the cover will activate the sleep/wake.
    But you really have to try and press down, it honestly never happened to me until I intentionally tried to recreate the issue.

I guess because I'm right-handed and I'm normally gripping the iPad on the left side.
    But even with the iPad resting in my lap it doesn't go to sleep.

So unless you're left-handed I don't think it should be a big problem.
  8. Sundancer007 macrumors newbie

Mar 30, 2011
    Thanks. It was hard to pass up at that price. Now if it doesn't smell to bad or i can air it out, i think i will like it just fine.
  9. N23 macrumors regular

Aug 3, 2009
    Should be fine in that department, mine didn't smell at all.