Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fsckminix6

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
Chicago (847)
so does anyone know about anything like programs i would like or hsould know about seeing as im completly new to macs id like to know what you guys use

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
fsckminix6 said:
...does anyone know about anything like programs i would like or hsould know about.......

Kind of depends on what you want to DO with the new computer. Are you a photographer? If so I can recommend a few things depending on your interrests and which mac you have.

*GG*

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2005
Scotland
Step 1: Look at your dock (the bit at the bottom of the screen) and play about - opening them up and seeing what they do - explore. The important thing to remember is you won't break anything by doing that.

I was new to Macs a year and half ago - I thought "I have no idea what I want it to do", and was scared of Garageband, iMovie etc. Now I use all the iLife apps and can't think of life without them.

What Mac did you get out of nosey interest?

fsckminix6

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
Chicago (847)
i got an ibook g4 second hand im coming from alot of pc use i game almost all day and go to school at night so i can do most things with computers but like macs are all new to me im not used to it working right the first time you know

madog

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2004
Korova Milkbar
With Boocamp you can install your copy of XP [assuming its SP2] and play your old games laying around. If they are new PC games, you might not be able to play them at full video settings but they will still run great.

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
madog said:
With Boocamp you can install your copy of XP [assuming its SP2] and play your old games laying around. If they are new PC games, you might not be able to play them at full video settings but they will still run great.

Not on an iBook G4. Not at all.

Boot Camp is (for obvious reasons) only for Intel-Macs.

coorspate

macrumors regular
May 20, 2006
fsckminix6 said:
so does anyone know about anything like programs i would like or hsould know about seeing as im completly new to macs id like to know what you guys use

toast is a must have for any mac. btw welcome to the mac side!:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.