Just got my ibook (and now a few questions!)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by jhomayne, Jul 16, 2004.

1. jhomayne macrumors regular

after waiting for aaaages my ibook finally arrived on thursday morning when i was still half asleep! and i cruelly had to go out and leave it calibrating at home, but today i have been playing with it for hours!

but just a few things:

1. is it possible to create albums within albums in iphoto? e.g. have one album for 'holidays' and then subfolders for individual holidays

2. can i import my bookmarks from IE on my windows pc into safari? (i have them in a html file)
    2.5. is it possible to have all my bookmarks displayed in a drop down list in safari like in IE?

3. is installing things really as easy as just dragging what i've downloaded into the applications folder?
    3.5. and does the same go for uninstalling with dragging to the trash?

thankyou :)

2. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

1) I don't think so, but I've heard of people creating multiple libraries to achieve what you want to.

2) Yes! Just drag them over to the Mac then get a utility called Safari Enhancer.

2.5) If you want all your bookmarks to appear in the "Bookmarks" menu, you can do that in the Organize Bookmarks... selection.

3) If you download an application, and there is no clearly labeled installer, then yes! Great isn't it :D

3.5) In most cases, yes. The application may leave files in other places on the drive, like preferences and support files. But those files will not interfere with the computer if you delete the application.

3. jhomayne thread starter macrumors regular

thankyou

i managed to sort out the bookmarks menu.
    switching is quite hard!

EDIT: ha.. i was about to ask why my safari tabs were sometimes disappearing when i clicked on them, then i realised i was just clicking on the crosses and closing them! :eek:

any other tips for a new switcher?

4. vikolaf macrumors newbie

Welcome Switcher :D
    If you want some applications go to www.macupdate.com
    You'll find some fun stuff