Just got my Ipad and it won't let me activate.

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by BoleCailey, Apr 20, 2011.

1. macrumors member

Jan 27, 2009
    After waiting almost a month for my iPad to come in, I am getting this message "We are unable to complete your activation at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes." Anyone know if there is a problem with the server or if this is on apples end?
  2. macrumors demi-god

Oct 14, 2005
    Virginia Beach
    Did you every run TinyUmbrella or similar tools on your Mac? Check your /etc/hosts file and make sure there's not an entry for an gs.apple.com. Or if there is an entry, that it starts with a #.
  3. macrumors newbie

Feb 21, 2009
    I'm wondering if Apple is having sever trouble...I just restored my 3GS and now it will not activate.
  4. thread starter macrumors member

Jan 27, 2009
    No, I even tried it on multiple computers. Just kind of pisses me off that their servers are down and I can't use my $8XX iPad that I have been waiting a month on.
  5. macrumors newbie

Feb 21, 2009
    Try again...its confirmed (via another thread) that Apple was having issues with their activation servers. I just tried about 10 mins ago and was able to activate my 3GS...