Just got my Ipad and it won't let me activate.

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by BoleCailey, Apr 20, 2011.

1. macrumors member

After waiting almost a month for my iPad to come in, I am getting this message "We are unable to complete your activation at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes." Anyone know if there is a problem with the server or if this is on apples end?

2. macrumors demi-god

Did you every run TinyUmbrella or similar tools on your Mac? Check your /etc/hosts file and make sure there's not an entry for an gs.apple.com. Or if there is an entry, that it starts with a #.

3. macrumors newbie

I'm wondering if Apple is having sever trouble...I just restored my 3GS and now it will not activate.

4. thread starter macrumors member

No, I even tried it on multiple computers. Just kind of pisses me off that their servers are down and I can't use my $8XX iPad that I have been waiting a month on.

5. macrumors newbie

Try again...its confirmed (via another thread) that Apple was having issues with their activation servers. I just tried about 10 mins ago and was able to activate my 3GS...