Just got my new, higher-resolution 15" powerbook... sideTrack is broken

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by infect, Oct 27, 2005.

1. macrumors member

infect

From ragingmenace.com
    I've brought this up before on this forum, but never really found a good solution.

Does anyone know of another way to simply map the hardware mouse-button to right-click? I really miss this about sideTrack, but on the other hand, the two finger scrolling on the new powerbooks is way better than the side-scrolling feature in sidetrack. All I really want to change is the mouse button.... I can live without the extras. I've tried ControllerMate but it will also map the track-pad tap to right-click which effectively makes it completely useless. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

2. macrumors 68030

munkle

3. macrumors G3

iScroll is not needed and won't work on the new PowerBooks. To quote the iScroll readme: Scroll2 is a modified trackpad driver that adds two-finger scrolling capabilities to supported pre-2005 PowerBooks and iBooks on OS X 10.3. Supported models include aluminum PowerBooks introduced from 2003 to 2004 as well as all G4 iBooks.

4. macrumors G3

Might I recommend that you live with it?

5. Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

That's not much of a solution :eek:

6. macrumors member

infect

Excuse me?

Think of a tool... a tool you use every day to be more productive. Now think of not having that tool. Would you want to just "live with it?"

7. macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

wow that was nice of you.

8. Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Getting back on topic, with a 2-button mouse, you can swap the buttons. Changing the option in the GUI would probably update a plist with this new setting. Then maybe if you use the trackpad, the button will still be "swapped". I'm not guaranteeing anything (I don't have a laptop anymore), but try plugging in a standard mouse and swapping the buttons (Sys Prefs > KB & Mouse > Mouse), and see whether it "swaps" the trackpad too.