Just got new PowerMac!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by HoBeau64, Apr 17, 2003.

1. HoBeau64 macrumors newbie

Apr 17, 2003
    This is my first post, although i have been reading the site for a long time. I bought a new Powermac G4 1.25 and it is awesome . I can't decide on the best speakers though. I am leaning toward the Harmon Kardon soundsticks, but they are kind of pricy. Are they really worth it?
  2. Wano macrumors 6502

Oct 23, 2002
    Nice!....as for the speakers, check out the HK/JBL creature speakers, they are amazing. I have a pair and absolutely love em! I got the mettalic blue and the look so cool, they even have a blue light coming out from the bottom. The sound quality is GREAT!!!! and I mean it!
  3. goglamosh macrumors member

Jul 7, 2002
    Klipsch Pro Media 2.1 or 5.1!!!!!!!!!! You seriously can't beat them.
  4. MacAztec macrumors 68040

Oct 28, 2001
    San Luis Obispo, CA

Ok, listen to me. I went to 3 speaker places (Best Buy, Circut City, and Tweakers), and tested their computer speakers. I checked sound quality, distortion, max volume, woofer, tweakers, etc.

Now, the best speakers I found in MY pricerange were the Logitech Z-340s (I think thats the model). They are 2 piece satellites with a woofer. These things KICK ASS for their size. They whoop my big Yamahas, and my other Yamahas (both cost over 70 dollars). These cost me 40 dollars.

Now, if you are really into sound, they have a few level up speakers for like 4.1 and 5.1 and even 6.1 audio.

Like 500 watts in a speaker system!
  5. Eckslusive macrumors 6502

Dec 12, 2002
    Sound sticks all the way. You can probably find deals on ebay. Trust me. Once you hear the sounds from the soundsticks, you'll be left amazed!
  6. hugemullens macrumors 6502a

Dec 15, 2002
    Congrats!!! Welcome to the good side of the force :) Sound sticks all the way! They sound great and match the powermac oh so nice :)