Just got the ibook edu yesterday...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by AP_piano295, Sep 25, 2005.

1. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

Mar 9, 2005
    So I bought my ibook under the edu special deal on the last day the 24th how do I get the refund for the ipod mini when it gets here?
  2. Macaddicttt macrumors 6502a

Apr 22, 2004
    San Diego, CA
    Just to makes sure, both the iBook and the iPod were bought at the same time, right? The deal's only valid if they're both on the same receipt.
  3. FFTT macrumors 68030

Apr 17, 2004
    A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero
    AP, congratulations!

You definitely took your time researching your purchase over the last several

You made a smart and reasonable decision and should be very happy
    with your new iBook.
  4. SummerBreeze macrumors 6502a

Sep 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Did you order it online? In that case you have to download the PDF rebate coupon, then fill it out, cut out the proof of purchase on the boxes and then send everything in. Congrats on your new iBook, I'm sure you'll love it!
  5. Lucky8 macrumors regular

May 18, 2005
    Cut out both iBook and iPod mini UPC codes from the boxes and send them out along with the receipt and completed rebate form.
    Wait like 2 months for the check to show up in your mailbox. ;)
  6. icarusflies macrumors member

Jun 15, 2005
    You need to cut out the barcodes from both boxes (copies won't do).
    You also need to send a copy of your student card and a copy of your invoice
    - this bit is in REALLY small print on the rebate form (which you'll find as a pdf on the apple site).
    Thats the way the UK rebate works anyway.
  7. brepublican macrumors 6502a

Jul 22, 2005
    Time out. If you ordered it online, you may well be screwed. I had been contemplating waiting for PB updates til the 23rd, then ordering so that I could get the Cram et Jam. I gave it up. Reason being, the fine print says you actually have to have possession of your PB, iPod, Printer, etc BEFORE 9/24...

I'm not too sure though, just read the fine print.
  8. AP_piano295 thread starter macrumors 65816

Mar 9, 2005

Now you have me freaked out I think theyll probly accept it anyway after all they were selling the deal up to the 24th If they dont take it a bitch at them untill they do :D
  9. galstaph macrumors 6502a

Jul 24, 2002
    The Great White North Eh
    Apple will look at the order date on your reciept, that is what they told me when
    I asked them. So if your order is prior to the 24th, your good, just make sure to send everything in within 45 days of the 24th. (this reminds me I need to fill out that papaerwork myself :eek: )
    Good luck, you'll enjoy the mac
  10. cogsciTed macrumors newbie

Sep 26, 2005
    I also purchased the ibook 12" on 24th. :) I am tracking it on FedEx everyday.

* iPlay therefore iPink*