Just got the new Macbook - First Mac, ex-PC user

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by rjsbass, Nov 20, 2006.

1. rjsbass macrumors member

Hey guys, i am brand new to the world of macs. i received the macbook as a gift over the weekend and i must say this thing is unbelievable. the 13.3 glossy monitor produces a better picture than any pc i have used. the intel chip also is great so just in case i get sick of mac OS, i can go back to xp. but honestly, the mac os is far better than xp IMO. HOWEVER, i do have SOME issues with the mac and i hope you guys can help. when using iChat or other programs, i get error messages saying that the programs quit unexpectedly . i suppose once in a while its ok to get those messages but i i get about 1 error per time i use the computer. ideas? anything would help i guess

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

The error messages should happen, but not so often. Try opening disk utility, click your HD on the left sidebar, and click repair disk permissions. Good luck and congratulations!

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

While you're there, verify your disk. Also, do you have third party RAM installed? Do you have any system hacks installed and running? :)