Just got WoW, how do I make it work?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Nermal, Dec 24, 2004.

1. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I got WoW for Christmas, I've been really looking forward to it (I was in the final beta and have been waiting impatiently to play it again). I installed it, and I'm trying to set up an account. I entered the CD key and it asked me to choose a payment method. I don't have a credit card so I chose to use a prepay card. But then it asks me for the number on the card. I don't have a card yet (although I have ordered one), but the WoW box says that a month of play is included, so how do I use this first month?

I know I should probably be asking Blizzard, but it's bound to be quicker to ask you guys :)

2. Koree macrumors 6502

I can't remeber but isnt' there a bill me thing? The blizzard techsupport is pretty fast in answering, give em a swing if there isn't.

And you can change your billing later.

3. Nermal thread starter Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I didn't see one.

Yeah but it is Christmas, I'm sure a lot of people are just getting the game now (or tomorrow on the other side of the date line :)) so it might take a while for a reply.

4. JLaFrance macrumors member

After you select your payment method, it says that it wont bill you for a month, but you have to commit to buy so much (1 month...6 months..etc)

I just did this today, but im haing problems with the video (see my thread)

5. Nermal thread starter Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I still can't get it to work. If I choose to use a prepaid card, it won't let me continue until I enter a card number. If I choose credit card, it also requires a card number.

I wish there was a way to buy prepaid cards with electronic delivery - have them email you the card number instead of having to wait for it to arrive in the mail.

6. iBert macrumors regular

iBert

DO you have a paypal account? I think this is another option, try it out. About the free month, you still need to have a billing method. Ask your parents if you can use their credit card until pay cards are available.

7. Nermal thread starter Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

No I don't have a PayPal account as here in NZ you need a credit card in order to add money (plus I didn't see this option on the WoW account creation page). My dad probably won't be too happy if he learns the concept of a 'subscription game' so I'd better just wait for my prepay card (should be here Thursday). I'll email the place I've ordered it from and see if there's any chance of them emailing me the code :)

Edit: Wow, I'm glad I went to their website, as the card cost has been decreased by $12.49! I decided not to ask two favours at once, so I'll just patiently wait until Thursday and hope I get a $12.49 credit.

Edit 2: Yep, they're giving me a credit :)

8. Rezet macrumors 6502a

Rezet

Prepaid or not, I think they always want your CC number for verification, and other tricks to make you stay with them.
    Just like XBOX LIVE or any other MMORPG.

I could be wrong about WOW though. Correct me if so.

9. Nermal thread starter Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

:)

10. Nermal thread starter Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Success, they're going to email it this afternoon :D

11. AoWolf macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

If you play alliance on manaroth Ill give you free money just /w me. My in game name s Ari.

12. Nermal thread starter Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

It's all up and running now, it's great to play it again :D

I can't remember which server I'm on, but it's not Mannoroth. I'm currently on a normal server, but I expect to try out PvP later.