Just had an idea...

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Benjamindaines, May 21, 2006.

1. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

I was reading this thread, saw this post

and had an idea. What if Apple made a level of MacBook Pro above the 17"? It would be mostly completely custom, yes it would cost a LOT but people but custom PCs why not Macs, where you could pick all the components you wanted, screen (not size but manufacture), hard drive, processor, speakers, etc. Basically all the things that you can't customise now you would be able to customise. I know that this is a little absurd for a laptop, and would probably be better for the Intel PowerMacs. So to Apple: BRING IT ON!! :D :D

*puts on flame suit*

2. macsrockmysocks macrumors regular

THAT WOULD BE AWESOMELLY FANTABULOUS!!:D . That would be pretty nice actually.

3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I'd say there's way too much engineering that goes it to just making a few good configurations work within the confines of what they are trying to achieve (namely slimness). Offering total customisation of everything would be nearly impossible.

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I don't think that anyone offers laptops where you can choose the panel manufacturer. What you are talking about is never going to happen as it destroys the manufacturers ability to control inventory of parts and product.

Even Dell who probably offer the closest to what you suggest don't offer you the choice of manufacturer per component. You can choose your harddrive size, but you have no control over the supplier.

5. celebrian23 macrumors 65816

celebrian23

I'd seriously doubt they'd make enough money to justify doing this. It seems like the macbooks are all the rage and people really don't want or need all that extra stuff.

6. Benjamindaines thread starter macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

Well you have to remember that Apple won't just be doing the customs, they will of course have the same line up they currently have

7. zach macrumors 65816

zach

Voodoo Computer, for enough money, will offer anything you damned well like :p