Just had my 1st Wii related injury..

Discussion in 'Games' started by Archmagination, Dec 2, 2006.

1. Archmagination macrumors regular

During a slight break during a tennis match I moved closer to my desk for a drink and I didn't move far enough away. I got into the game and my movement became larger than it needed to be. The result was when I did a slam I pinned my middle finger(just above the big knuckle and just below the little) Right on the edge of my desk.. I don't think I have broke it, but now its hot and lopsidedly swollen. It didn't stop me from winning my game though...

2. nitynate macrumors 6502a

3. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Heh heh... sorry for your pain... Aw who am I kidding it's hilairious! Wahahahaha! I can picture it now... tee-hee. :D :D :D :D :D

4. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

5. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

I accidentally clocked my dog in the face when he decided to help me during the home run derby of Wii Sports. But yeah, I hear ya. I smaked my hand a few times and the right side of my upper body hurts from Wii Sports.

6. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

I'm sure there's a pack of lawyers sniffing around all of these injuries and broken TVs. Nothing says "Christmas" like an old-fashioned, class-action lawsuit. :D

7. paleck macrumors 6502a

paleck

This is the reason I am looking for a Wii now, so that I can get myself a Wii before they hordes of ambulance chasing lawyers force Nintendo to redesign it.

8. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Wii, now a contact sport! ;) :p :D

9. paleck macrumors 6502a

paleck

Next thing you know they will have a reality tv show centered around the Wii.

10. Winstonp macrumors 6502a

Winstonp

Yesterday I slammed my elbow into my bedframe playing wiisports tennis. I cannot do pushups without pain and I have the army physical fitness test on tuesday!

11. DrStrangelove macrumors 6502

DrStrangelove

I find this whole Wii injury thing priceless. My buddy sent me a website that had pictures of all these broken televisions and monitors from the same type of crap. I think it's FABULOUS!

12. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

Pictures, please.

Link?

13. Buschmaster macrumors 65816

Buschmaster

14. AoWolf macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

15. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

I nailed my friend, another MacRumors user, in the elbow with the Wiimote. It made quite a loud crack. Quite amusing.

Daniel.

16. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

My girlfriend gave me a nice punch in the side when I was walking by her while she was boxing in Wii Sports. I still don't know if it was intentional...:D

17. rtdgoldfish macrumors 6502a

rtdgoldfish

I actually clocked my dog in the head while playing bowling the first night I had the Wii. He was trying to figure out what I was doing and wham, he got it right in the back of the head. Kinda wimpered and walked away, now he avoids me if I'm playing. :D

18. DrStrangelove macrumors 6502

DrStrangelove

19. DrStrangelove macrumors 6502

DrStrangelove

20. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Could someone put up some pictures of the wrist strip, specifically the string that holds it on?

I'd really like to see how strong it actually looks, the only other thing I can think of to use instead of it would be the wrist straps that come with Nokia phones. I've got a couple of fairly decent looking ones that came with some higher end phones. My girlfriend's *really* clumsy and I'm kind of paranoid about her breaking things. She just dropped the bag with my iBook on the floor.

21. Gizmotoy macrumors 65816

Gizmotoy

I'll try to get a closeup for you today sometime. Or you could just think of the thinnest string you could imagine. It's tiny. They tried to reinforce it with some kind of plastic twine on the inside, but it stretches until it breaks. I can even show you how it fails, as I have a broken one that Nintendo wants me to return to them. Hopefully they want it so they can design a better one.

22. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

It's really amazing that Nintendo didn't come up with a slightly beefier wrist strap. I'm surprised that this flaw didn't come out during their testing, seeing as so many people are having problems.

Seems to be a good opportunity for a third-party vendor. WiiStraps.com is already registered.

23. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

LOL, mine didn't even flinch. he was doing the same thing, trying to figure out what this newfangled contraption was. SMACK, and he just kept investigating.

24. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

If you have a Nintendo DS for reference, the string is a slightly thinner gauge on the Wiimote. But that's fine, since it's less than half the weight.

I'm using the strap that came with my DS on my Nokia N70. My friend gave me his Mario Kart strap from his red DS to use on mine. :)

You would really need to whip this thing to have it break, and even then I'm pretty sure it would hold unless it was already defective.

You can always use your own strap if you're parnoid of your GF. ;)

<]=)