Just had some additions made to my car!

Discussion in 'Community' started by edesignuk, Sep 12, 2003.

1. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Hey all, I just had some additions made to my car that I am really happy with, so I thought I just had to come and show 'em off! :D

I got the white bonnet stripes and driving lights added to it yesterday, I think they make all the difference, it looks like a different car.

[​IMG]

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D All I wanna do is drive around now, shame the weather has gone all crappy though :(

2. iGav macrumors G3

What ed hasn't also told you all, is that he had a second bonnet for his car painted up at the same time!

The car in the pictures above is when he's dating the ladies and needs to appear as a sensitive kinda guy.... however, I have it on expert opinion that when the ladies aren't around, he gets very busy swapping the 60's Cooper look over to something far more MANLY!!! heh-heh!!

ed, the boys salute you!! :p :p :p

3. gello2424 macrumors member

LOL! That is a nice set of headlights you have there. I love those little cars but here in Cali. those damn things are like Honda Civics they are EVERYWHERE!

4. edesignuk thread starter Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

LOL! I've seen that before, my mum would be so proud if I had them on my bonnet :p :eek:

5. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

edesignuk -- You must have the turbo version of the mini right?

I was in the normal version... I am still waiting for even a little bit of speed... :(

The striping is cool tho.

6. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I love the stripes - definitely a great idea.

iGav....you have a rearview shot of that car? ;)

D

7. edesignuk thread starter Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Well, this is the Cooper, faster than the One, slower than the S. The insurance cost of this is bad enough, there is no way I'd get a Cooper S insured being 19 and only having been driving for a year :( But give it a few years, some no claims, then maybe a John Cooper Works Mini Cooper S will be on my drive :D

8. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

that's such a cool car man...I still get excited whenever I see one on the road... :D

the stripes definitely add to the appearance... ;)

9. Physiognome macrumors member

I think the hood scoop on the Cooper S looks like some kind of huge zit, and even the regular one is a blast to drive.

10. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

There are about three cars that might convince me to trade in my Golf TDI (in order of lustpower):

1) JCW Mini - pure chuckable skateboard of a car -- no BS, no apologies -- weeeee!!

2) Audi A3 - luxury and practicality, like my Golf, but up a notch. Still bigger and softer than the Mini, though

3) MR2 Spyder - Boxster lite

Modifying your car is one of the most enjoyable things you can do with your hard earned cash. Mine's in line for a new suspension, brake upgrade and ECU flash to make it as scary to drive as a GTI (a GTI that gets 50mpg ;) ).

11. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

12. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

oohhhh!! nice car! :D

and that's a nice manly bonnet!:D

13. edesignuk thread starter Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Thanks for the comments all, glad you seem to like it as much as I do. It's a really nice day here and I've just had the first chance to wash it and get some good snaps in the sun, check 'em out!

14. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I really like your choice in stripes - the fact that they're not parallel - really good effect.

Congrats!

D

15. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

'faster than the one' that means?

I know the S is turbo and the John is tuned (+ turbo?) but why don't you get some parts to make it go fast :p

Yeah and being that they Go
    \ --- /

Is cool also.

16. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Nice car edesignuk. I think that the red and white make a great combination. The white stripes just put the icing on the cake!