Just Handed In My Term Paper Today:

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Jay42, Dec 6, 2005.

1. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

I usually don't post things of this sort, but I just had to publicly celebrate the completion of my term paper. This is such a weight off my shoulders that I feel like I'm on vacation even though I am still taking classes.

:D :D :D

2. jdechko macrumors 68040

3. Lau Guest

Oh, well done! That must feel great to have finally done it. How many words did you have to write?

I'm jealous, mine's due in next Friday. I'm on a design course, and this is really doing my head in. I can't wait to get back to just concentrating on design again. In one week I never have to write an essay again! :)

At least it's made me realise how much I love to design, and how much I really have enjoyed this course up until now, and no doubt will after Christmas.

4. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

ugh i hate being out of school because of my illness i want to go back to school and do finals and term papers, i always enjoyed this time of the school year -_-.

My last term paper was on Steroids in Baseball. ^_^ got an A on it of course

Good Luck on the rest of your tests and anything else this semester

5. Jay42 thread starter macrumors 65816

Jay42

Thanks, it was a statistics paper about fast food habits. I'm not sure about the number of words, but it worked out to about 30 pages (typed all on my PowerBook of course). Now I just feel bad for my prof...kinda ;)

6. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

uhoh you have got me interested and now you have to host your paper on a website so i can read it ^_^

please <_<

7. Benjamin macrumors 6502a

Benjamin

Wow way to remind me that tonight's going to be an all-nighter for my last paper. :(

oh but congrats for your sake :p :p :p :p

8. Jay42 thread starter macrumors 65816

Jay42

Trust me, its really not that interesting. Unless you are into the CLT for a two proportion population and whether my sample met the technical criteria in order to calculate a p value, its not worth your time. And seeing as though I had no budget, the conclusions were not very valid. My professor will probably post an excerpt after they are graded.

9. aquajet macrumors 68020

You're right, better just keep it to yourself. :D

Seriously though, congrats! I know the feeling very well. I'm in my 8th year and the only thing I ever look forward to is that end-of-the-semester feeling. :eek: I really need to finish this up soon :rolleyes:

10. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

Seriously. I struggle with 2-3 page essays! ;)

11. Apple macrumors 6502

Apple

I wish I could still write two to three page essays. The length isn't that bad for me I just hate going back and making an annotated bibliography

12. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

Wow im really not looking forward to college:eek:. That is insane! 30 PAGES!

13. aquajet macrumors 68020

It's not that bad really. Once you get there and you discover what you're really interested in, it can be much harder to write within the constraints of a 5 page paper than a 30 page paper.
    :)

14. leftbanke7 macrumors 6502a

leftbanke7

Even when I wrote my paper on an topic I really enjoyed, getting 6 pages was a chore. I dislike writing papers (and I chose the wrong major based on that). Luckily I only have one more semester then it's so long forever with paper writing.

15. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

16. jdechko macrumors 68040

I agree 30 pages isn't that long for a research paper, and I'm sure Jay had plenty of tables and charts since it is a statistics paper. The key is to have a really detailed outline. My outline for my research paper was about 3 pages long, double spaced. Most of the lines were only a few words, but there were a lot of scribbles on the page. That outline got me to about 25+ pages.

Just for kicks, I've attached my work.

Attached Files:

• RFID.pdf
      File size:
      118.4 KB
      Views:
  17. Josh macrumors 68000

Josh

...and your paper was about...?

18. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

Who remembers? My paper writing days ended well before you were born.

19. SurfinSHELL23 macrumors regular

Long papers aren't too difficult.

I'm doing independent research and will be producing a very lengthy paper on my research. It's all about bioremediation and microbes and hazardous contaminiants and stuff like that. :D

I do love my research though... it'll be good experience for when I go to college.

20. barneygumble macrumors 6502a

Try writing a 237 page design report:rolleyes: , now that was worth the pissup that followed

p.s Hope you do well

21. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

To hell with the p-value.

Did you fail to reject the null??

Oh my how i hated stats. Got a D in it, I was just glad I didnt have to retake that crap.

22. tpjunkie macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

Heh, the one great thing about trimesters is that I finished my term paper for bio three and a half weeks ago. Unfortunately, that also means my senior thesis next term is going to be a lot more intense due to the shorter marking periods.

23. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

you got a D in the class and you didn't have to retake it? interesting..

24. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

Hey I handed in on monday a 50 page paper worth 100% of that class,
    I like doing directed readings/research but the stress of one paper being worth you entire grade kinda kills the enjoyment...:rolleyes: