Just how much do you love apple?!

Discussion in 'Community' started by munkle, Aug 11, 2004.

1. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

Long time lurker (1 1/2 years) and recent switcher (about a year ago - and have since managed to switch three other people!) so hello everybody! I've enjoyed reading these forums and have always found them very informative so thought it was about time I stopped being a voyeur and join in on the fun :p Anyway thought my first post should be of an amusing nature...so here's a link for you all:

http://www.bmezine.com/news/pubring/20040720.html

Is it wrong that I like the girls tattoo??!!

2. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

I like the one of the Apple with the power-logo in the middle of it...that's cool.

I don't think I'd get an Apple tattoo, although I do have a sticker on my car :)

3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I would never get a corporate logo tattooed on to me for life, and i wouldn't think much of anyone else dumb enough to do it either in all honesty.

4. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

I would get a Macrumors tatoo if I become a demi-good by popular request :rolleyes:

(of course I do not see that happening any time soon).

5. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

If you got up that high in rankings I'd find a way to get myself banned... :p

6. dobbin macrumors 6502a

dobbin

I don't believe that rainbow apple is a real tattoo - the colours are too vivid I think.

That thing in Wesley's ear is gross :eek:

7. comictimes macrumors 6502a

comictimes

yeesh. The guy at the end with the forked tongue looks slightly creepy. I wonder if there's any remotely humane way to do that. I certainly don't want to, but the only way I've heard of people doing it sounds like the most painful experience ever...

8. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I agree that the tattoo on the girls ankle of a multi color Apple looks like it was painted on her. It does look very nice. Still really like that logo.

Congratulations on being a new member to MacRumors and being a switcher, munkle. I think that humor is always a good to start a friendship.

9. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

From what I've seen there are two ways to "fork" your tongue (note: my tongue is 99% intact... I say 99% because at one point in my life I did have it pierced).

1) Cut it.

2) Get it pierced and while you sleep you have something keep your tongue ring outside your mouth (with a high guage which is thinner and more likely to cut). After a while the tongue ring cuts its way out leaving your tongue forked. I think that's a better way to do it although I'm not 100% that's a real way to do it.

10. munkle thread starter macrumors 68030

munkle

Thanks for the greeting wdlove, it's nice to have finally popped my cherry!

And I agree that I tattoo might be a bit much...I deem the shining light from my powerbook, a la batman style, to be about right in declaring my love for apple!

11. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    /me checks out the window for an Apple beaming 300 foot in the air from a seriously modded PB! :p Nope that's Canary Wharf!

12. stevehaslip macrumors 6502a

stevehaslip

i would never get a logo tattooed on me, as soon as it goes out of fashion or they update their image then you're screwed. it just seems like a trivial thing to get tattoed - after all what does it mean?
    y o u l i k e a p p l e ?

erm... cool i guess?

13. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

LOL, you just gave me a very good idea for a thread... hold on it will need some Photoshop work. :rolleyes: :D

14. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

k, I love Apple 'n' all, but not enough to get branded with a tattoo. Some of those were a bit over the top, IMO. Two thumbs up for the Atari and Galaga tatts tho. :D

15. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I think getting a tatoo at all is dumb, but that's just me. I respect people who get tatoos - it's their own skin.

But personally, I think the coolest tatoo on that page was the fractal.

scem0

16. brap macrumors 68000

Damn, some of those are secrewed up -- and this is coming from someone with a logo tattoo... The DNA sequence I thought was awesome (though could have been executed better), the fractal was really original, but the Apple tats?
    It's like that fad a few years back to have the Nike tick shaved into your head -- only more permanent, and a whole lot more stupid. At least nobody knows mine is a logo :)

As for the forked tongue... i can see the benefits, but. Ouch.

17. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

18. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

I love the Apple Brand, but i dont liek the coorperate side

19. Elan0204 macrumors 65816

Elan0204

OK, first let me say that the fork tonged picture was the most disturbing thing I have ever seen. I really hope that that was paint on his face.

As for an Apple tattoo, I don't think so. I'm not at all in to tattoos, so I would never get one anyway, but I guess they look kind of cool as far as tattoos go. I did like the Apple logo with the power button symbol in the middle.

And, welcome to MacRumors munkle!

20. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Wouldn't it be annoying if you got a tattoo of your favorite logo and then the company changed logos?

21. stevehaslip macrumors 6502a

stevehaslip

exactly! who it was found that the company was responsible for some nuclear waste dump or something and suddenly everyone hated the brand that you had on your arm!

22. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

For me the Apple logo with the power botton is such turn on! I mean, the girl looks hot, she has it in the right place and in the right size and is actually nice :rolleyes:

23. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

Wouldn't it be annoying if you got a tattoo of your favorite logo and then the company gets bought by Microsoft? :eek:

24. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

much as i love tattoos AND apple, i'm not getting an apple tat. Tho i have considered it. i just think in 50 years it would be an embarassment.

getting my new tat designed at the end of this month, for my birthday. it's going to kick ass. i'm so excited! but the artist i chose lives like 100 miles away, so it's going to be a few long drives.

paul

25. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Benefits? Like what? A convenient slot for straws and thermometers? :rolleyes:

God, I can't wait to see that guy when he's 80. How much more disturbing do you think he'll be then? He'll probably need custom filed-down dentures then, too.