Just installed "Words with Friends" confused on scoring?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod touch Apps' started by todd2000, Apr 13, 2010.

1. macrumors 68000

So I've only played scrabble a few times, and Im kinda confused. Here is what the scoring says from their web site

So here are the two words Im confused about so far, no matter what I do I can't add the scores up and make them match what it got.

1. The word GREET was already there, I played the wore KITE using the T from GREET. It gave me 54 Pts. for it. Following their logic, since GREET was there already it was not a "new" word, so I should have gotten the points from it, but even if I did I still cant get up to 54.

Here is a screen shot, note the TW under the E in KITE, TL under the K in KITE, and also a DL under the E in GREET.

[​IMG]

Could someone please break down exactly how it got 54 for KITE?

2. RUPEE, and TEAS were on the board, my friend spelled the word "ZAS" Even though the word he spelled was ZAS, the game said that he played RUPEES, and gave him a score of 68. If he played ZAS, why did it say he played RUPEES, and how did it get to 68?

Screenshot: TW under S in ZAS, TL under P in RUPEES, DW under S in TEAS, and DL under T in TEAS

[​IMG]

Sorry for the rant, just confused :)

2. macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

In kite the K is on a TL so it's worth 15 points. With the other 3 points the word is worth 18 which is tripled to 54. In the second word three words were spelled zas, ta, and rupees. Ta is worth 2 points. Zas is worth 36 points. Rupees is worth 30 points. The TW on the S is being played on both zas and rupees so both words are tripled.

3. thread starter macrumors 68000

Thank you, I feel stupid for Kite, since it seems obvious now, but the other one was a little confusing. :) You cleared it up :)

4. macrumors newbie

X on a TL for 50 points?

How did this happen? I just played X on a TL, spelling OX and EX and was given 50 points. This seems like a legitimate glitch, no?

Attached Files:

5. macrumors 6502

50 is correct; you get 8 points for X, times 3 for TL totaling 24, times 2 for two words with that X totaling 48, plus 1 for the letters E and O each.

6. macrumors newbie

Okay... My first word in this game was "caged" for 23 points as it shows I received 32... Was there some bonus points I'm not aware of??

Attached Files: