Just learnt of a dark family secret

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Dagless, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I was a little spooked today. To keep a long story long... and I feel I can tell you brilliant guys. best forum folk ever, I say!

My brother is a little turd. always stealing and going out, drugs and all that. he said he was going to this youth club in a nearby village. so my dad asks if I want to go with him on a drive around trying to find him. so we set of for Delph, a 10 minute drive away. needless to say this club is shut, bank holiday after all. so we head back over the hills, a route we took only once before.

My dad said he has been on this road twice before. One time, back when he was doing his marathon training in his 30's, he took this road. It was getting dark and had already ran about 13 miles, so he told himself he'd turn back soon as he got into Delph. So he's running down over this hill and all of a sudden he starts to feel scared for no reason. He looks around and finds there are no road lights and there are tree's in the fields overcasting the road. He didn't see anything but told me this was the one of the scariest moments of his life. he just felt strange.

anywho. he's telling me all this as we're driving to this spot. as he reaches it he starts panicking. now my dad is a very strong character. does not believe in religion or anything. very cynical i suppose, logical. realistic. only he's now telling me his legs are going funny as we drive through the spot. I'm getting pretty spooked myself!

only we drive past that and he says something that I was half dreading but half excited about... you know the words "There's something I haven't told you yet...".

Turns out my great granddad (his granddad) killed himself in my dad and his brothers bedroom many years ago, he didn't say when but he was younger than 16. I was shocked, it was all part of this ghost story he was building up to but I just totally blanked that out and got lost in my own thoughts.

Turns out he had mental problems but I'm not entirely sure. see my dads real dad was killed in a war in the 1960's. I dont know which one and I'm pretty reluctant to talk about it incase it brings back memories to my dad. If im taking an educated guess I think that the death of his son might be related to his dads suicide. war is s**t.

but hey, just a few hours ago I thought my family were all fairly normal!

Thing is I dont know how to feel. I'm a bit confused, not scared or anything just lost about all this. Its sad though. my great grandma, his wife, survived well into the 90's and I knew her very well. I would have loved to have met him, im sorta interested in where I came from and that.

Suicide is such a terrible thing. Not in a judgemental way but in a way that it takes somebody away that otherwise you might have met.

Anyways. the ghost story was that my dad was home alone when he was 16, after his granddads death, and he heard a massive bang from his bedroom upstairs. he was a bit spooked :) nothing had hit the floor or anything.
    I feel better for saying all this. a load off my chest!

2. doucy2 macrumors 65816

doucy2

good luck for your future mental stability

my dad has yet to tell me any of his was stories (from Vietman)

this is some memerable moment you will rember all your life and can pass down to your kid
    i hope now you and your dad have a closer relationship and talk more about thing (you might not want to find out any more)
    but good luck in the future and dont worry soo much about it

3. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Yea i have a feeling all will be well, my dad is in perfect mental health, as was his dad. The way my dad said that my great granddad had mental problems sounded more like he was an alcoholic or had another trouble that he'd rather not say.

funny too. it did bring us closer together. I've always had this brilliant friend-like relationship with my mum, i talked to my dad but never in the same way. but since the car ride we have been closer. I'm happy that he told me about this. i've got a new respect for him. that he's done so well despite his semi-troubled childhood.

4. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

I have a similair story. My uncle, William died of a brian tumor when I was 4. We were very close, he was almost like a brother to me. Now I dont remember if I dreamed this or if it was a halusanation but I walked up my stairs and was alone outside my room and there was a man dressed in a white suit, looked very much like my uncle, when I went and told my mom and went back up he was gone. My mom has a philipino friend and her friend said in her culture this meant the man I ¨saw¨ was going to die, 3 days later my uncle died in a hospital. Kinda freaky now that I think about it again.

5. CompUser Guest

My great great great great grandfather murdered my other great great great great grandfathers cause he was an alcoholic or something. My uncle was telling me about it.

The night my grandma died a really weird thing happened. I was sleeping and then at 4:27am the UPS for my computer went beep...beep. I awoke a little but went back to sleep. Then it went beep..beep again. Then it went beep...beep. At this point I was awake. Then, it went beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep (continously) I went over to my computer and turned off the UPS.

At 5:00am I heard the phone ring. A short while later my mom came upstairs to tell me my grandmother had died around 4:30 due to heart failure. 15 min later it hit me, the UPS beeping sounded like one of those heart monitors. It sent a shiver down my spine.

6. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

My dad has probably done some stuff that could get himself a life sentence or two (or 3....who knows?) in the US, and I don't know much or anything about him. Sometimes it's better not to know. That's my point. Life is scary enough. Now you have this weird view of your family and its history.

My family also has a history of seeing ghosts. *looks around* :(

7. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Here's a thread similar in nature from almost a year ago. Interesting stuff...

8. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

thats another thing. I swear to god there is something strange in this house. it was built by my dad and a few builder mates in 1995. so its new, but theres something strange here! I cannot put my finger on it at all. ghosts, flashes, things moving in the distance, real horrifying stuff. My mum gets very scared if I so much as joke about a ghost in the house. she says she'll move out away from here and shes serious :eek: The thing is I asked my dad if my mum ever saw anything here that shes trying to pretend didn't happen. he said she's seen nothing, but he has.

Few months ago my dad was getting into his car in the morning to go to work, everyone was asleep (about 7am). Only he thought he saw me, or someone my size walk through the entrance hall. so he locked the car and entered the house cuz he had something to tell me (probably to take the dogs out :D )... only nobody was there. I was still in bed! everyone else was asleep. Thats got me so scared I'm not going downstairs to get a drink! now that everyone's in bed.
    something is in this house. its not evil or trying to scare us though. i mean we're still living here!
    he told me that in the car today.
    whats funny is that I've never told anyone about the unusual sightings and experiences i've had in this house... and they match exactly what my dad said, and what my girlfriend has had too. *cue Outer Limits theme*

9. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

10. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Yesterday (since its 3am now) was such a spooky and revealing day. I hope 2006 will have more days like this.