Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jimmie Geddes

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
I went to the Apple Store in Short Hills, NJ and picked up my MacBook Air (1.6GHz) and a MacBook Air SuperDrive. I got to the store around 10:15 this morning and bought the 1st MacBook Air, they only received 2 and said they did not expect to get another shipment for a week or two. They had plenty of MacBook Airs on display though. I posted an "unboxing".

http://gadgetsonthego.net/2008/02/macbook-air-unboxing.html

ahaxton

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2008
Now why can't any of the 4 stores in Atlanta be like that :(
I've had morning appointments for like 3 days now lol.

russtic

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2007
Hull, UK
I went to the Apple Store in Short Hills, NJ and picked up my MacBook Air (1.6GHz) and a MacBook Air SuperDrive. I got to the store around 10:15 this morning and bought the 1st MacBook Air, they only received 2 and said they did not expect to get another shipment for a week or two. They had plenty of MacBook Airs on display though. I posted an "unboxing".

http://gadgetsonthego.net/2008/02/macbook-air-unboxing.html

git ! ;-) lucky you

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
They only had 2 in the store? Is this a case of Apple not being confident with their new notebook or that they simply cannot keep up with demand due to high online sales?

It is too bad they don't have the SSDs in store.

whenders0n

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2004
weird situation in soho.
possibly they are not telling people that they are for sale over the phone? just called pdx and they have one display unit only (or so they say...but i'm tempted to go in....)

NC MacGuy

macrumors 603
Feb 9, 2005
The good side of the grass.
Yes, it's weird in every apple way. From other thread:

Short Hills
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrat93
Short Hills, NJ "Has them in the store, but is not selling them till Friday (tomorrow.)"
They have demos in, but have "none in stock." Which from how I read it, actually meant, they have them but weren't yet allowed to sell them. She had implied that as soon as Apple.com lists them as shipping, they would be available.

I am hoping they are available around 12-1PM, which would be 9:00-10 AM in Cupertino.

Jimmie Geddes

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Thanks. I couldn't believe that they only received 2 for sale, there were so many on display. While I was paying one of the other workers saw I had the MacBook Air and said "you got the 1st one, we only have 1 more." He said Apple was shipping to people who pre-ordered. I definitely thought they'd have more than 2 to sell in the store (it's a big Apple Store), there were alot of people playing with the ones on display.

I can't believe how thin this thing is, it's crazy!!!

ViperrepiV

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2008
Thanks. I couldn't believe that they only received 2 for sale, there were so many on display. While I was paying one of the other workers saw I had the MacBook Air and said "you got the 1st one, we only have 1 more." He said Apple was shipping to people who pre-ordered. I definitely thought they'd have more than 2 to sell in the store (it's a big Apple Store), there were alot of people playing with the ones on display.

they didn't receive two for sale. they got more. they were just lying because they weren't supposed to be selling them yet

onesixeight

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2007
Honolulu Update

Just called Ala Moana...None in stock. They said "in a week"...

But I've heard that before and they've gotten things earlier. So I'm crossing my fingers I'll get my paws on a SSD sooner. :)

Anderson3133

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2008

Maybe those were for display, and they felt that they could sell a couple just because...

When has Apple ever just shipped 2 new products to one store in every 600miles

Jimmie Geddes

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
they didn't receive two for sale. they got more. they were just lying because they weren't supposed to be selling them yet

I'm just telling you what I was told. I don't see how they're not supposed to be selling them when they have a bunch of them on display for people to use. I walked in, told the sales guy I wanted to buy the MacBook Air and a SuperDrive. He went to the back room and came out with both, and that's when another Apple employee said they only received 2 MacBook Airs to be sold (I said that was crazy, and the employee agreed because they've been getting calls since the keynote about when they would have them in stock). He said the reason was because Apple was filling orders for people who pre-ordered. Just telling you what I was told. There was no hesitation at all to not sell, there were tons of people and Apple Employees around. Surely if they're not supposed to be selling them someone would have said something.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.