Just not quite there....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MilleDav01, Nov 5, 2012.

1. macrumors member

Jun 21, 2012
    I went from a 3Gs to a samsung galaxy s3 and then recently got an iphone 5. I don't understand, other than battery usage, why Ios does not allow real multitaking...I LOVE LOVE LOVE the ip5 but i miss multitaking and the slightly bigger screen....

not sure what im going to do..... :(
  2. macrumors 6502a

Apr 2, 2009
    S.F./Las Vegas
    The iP5 is a marvelous device. However, it is not well suited for everyone, as evidenced by the comments on these boards, nor should it. The good news is that the market affords consumers many choices and options to acquire a device, which suits their individual needs and requirements. It would be nearly impossible for one company to produce a device, which would satisfy everyone.
  3. macrumors 68030

Oct 3, 2012
    New Jersey
    Because it would kill the battery and RAM? Having apps constantly run in the background is just asking for a 2 hour battery life. I know I would hate for my games to run while I'm on instagram using LTE
  4. macrumors 68030

From A Buick 8

Sep 16, 2010
    Ky Close to CinCinnati
    Very well stated. If you do not want to do things the "Apple" way then the iPhone is not for you and that is ok.
  5. macrumors regular

Sep 16, 2012
    That's an idealolgy that is lost with most people. The reality is that Apple could have introduced true multi-tasking(or at least how other devices do it)with the FIRST iPhone. But it drains battery life, and Apple that's a cardinal sin as far as they are concerend...
  6. macrumors 68020

Mar 11, 2009
    Battery life in a phone is not a crucial thing for you:confused:

You really dont see the reasoning in the way Apple chose to deal with multitasking. Look into it, its THE best way.
  7. macrumors 603

Jul 3, 2002
    Middle Earth
    My iPhone does true multitasking.

I listen to music and websurf and do other things. What I don't need is processor intensive stuff going on in the background eating battery.
  8. macrumors 6502a

sou1 so1di3r

Jun 26, 2008
    Denver, CO
    my iPhone has multi-tasking on it too. Maybe yours is defective?
  9. macrumors 6502a

Nov 18, 2010

Can someone please explain to me the difference? Why is iOS multitasking not "real" and what is real?
  10. macrumors member

Mar 17, 2011
    the multitasking he wants means nothing shuts off in the background, so you can open up 5 youtube vids etc and have them all play at the same time. I think it is an inefficient use of battery but who am i to stand in the way of someone who wants to watch 5 videos at the exact same time
  11. macrumors 68020

May 31, 2010
    Austin TX
    can you give us some scenarios as to where the current pseudo multitasking would be better with real multitasking? I am curious as to what the problem is for you.