Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dread

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
OP here. This thread got out of control. The bag arrived and it is exactly what I was looking for. I can actually squeeze my 13 inch laptop in there with the iPad and the chargers for both. With just the iPad it is very light. The bag is well made but it is soft without padding so it won't provide much protection. I keep the iPad in an apple case inside a net book sleeve so I'm not worried. Like the reviews said the leather was plasticy but I just rolled it around until it got soft. The bag gives a military surpluss fell after it get a little dirty and broken in. Definately doesn't give off the murse vibe. But the shoes I got to match do.

kutsushita

macrumors regular
May 9, 2010
Houston
pursee.png

classic.

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
I'm quite comfortable carrying my bag around. I guess you could call it a small messenger bag. It fits my iPad, iPhone, wallet, and my two boy's DS's perfectly. I've also been able to carry my umbrella and a Starbuck banana bread treat as well.

My wife has no issue with me carrying it and I feel damn comfortable with myself as a man carrying it. And BTW, mine is European. ;)

I guess to each his own, right?

dread

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
I like it. I have a leather briefcase/messenger as well and I never thought that was a man purse. It's not like I carry it with me to the grocery store. But maybe I will since I could fit a lot of tampons in there.

Curtisc83

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2010
DKatri said:
wow, really nice but so much $$$

I know...... I hope my wife doesn't kill me. So I actually got it in today and the vibe it gives off is very manly. No hidden pockets no extra looking features that serve no purpose and nothing shiny on it. To me it looks like if I saw it on the street i would think it had a book in it or writing material.

lordhamster

macrumors 68000
Jan 23, 2008
The ultimate man purse IMO

This is the ultimate man purse. :) Nobody is going to make fun of this guy's purse. :)

maxpedition-jumbo-versapack2.jpg

VetPsychWars

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2010
I know...... I hope my wife doesn't kill me. So I actually got it in today and the vibe it gives off is very manly. No hidden pockets no extra looking features that serve no purpose and nothing shiny on it. To me it looks like if I saw it on the street i would think it had a book in it or writing material.

I ordered mine on Sunday. How long did it take to get yours and what color did you get?

Yeah, it costs a lot of money but something like this lasts a lifetime.

Tom

Curtisc83

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2010
VetPsychWars said:
I ordered mine on Sunday. How long did it take to get yours and what color did you get?

Yeah, it costs a lot of money but something like this lasts a lifetime.

Tom

It took about a week to get to me but my location is a tad weird. I'm a contractor in iraq so the shipping address is a APO,AE. The color I got was tan which is a very nice color. I also got a brown NO. 155 card case so I can stop using a wallet altogether. I am actually surprised no one mentioned this case yet in this thread or any thread in the forum.

Curtisc83

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2010
It took about a week to get to me but my location is a tad weird. I'm a contractor in iraq so the shipping address is a APO,AE. The color I got was tan which is a very nice color. I also got a brown NO. 155 card case so I can stop using a wallet altogether. I am actually surprised no one mentioned this case yet in this thread or any thread in the forum.

I got someone to take pics of me with it today to see what it would look like on a picture. So thats me and my new tan Billykirk case.

Attachments

• IMG_0489.JPG
    IMG_0489.JPG
    549.8 KB · Views: 141

ddragovi

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2008
A real simple solution here is just a slim briefcase With a small laptop sleveve that can be used with or without a shoulder strap. But I guess if you don't really need a briefcase for work then it's a bit large for just an iPad.

_6061164.jpg

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
I got someone to take pics of me with it today to see what it would look like on a picture. So thats me and my new tan Billykirk case.

I like it "on" - wasn't keen on it "off". LOL!

I confess to being an early 40's "chick" though - so i'm not guessing i count for much in the opinion area either. OK, i'm a mom of 3 - i know i don't count at this point in life! :p

Enjoy the bag. And i will have to go hunting for the part for the no wallet - i'm always seeking solutions to that problem myself.

Curtisc83

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2010
I like it "on" - wasn't keen on it "off". LOL!

I confess to being an early 40's "chick" though - so i'm not guessing i count for much in the opinion area either. OK, i'm a mom of 3 - i know i don't count at this point in life! :p

Enjoy the bag. And i will have to go hunting for the part for the no wallet - i'm always seeking solutions to that problem myself.

Everybody has a opinion which is how it will be with anything, I see the Wifi iPads arguing with the 3g iPads (pretty funny stuff). But another thing I like about the bag is it is about 1.5 " thick and about a tad over 11" tall , something a women wouldn't carry because it would cause the person to have to dump anything out to get to something on the bottom. And the bag is actually a exact copy of a WW2 map case which is pretty mucho if you ask me.

Curtisc83

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2010
That is a nice looking bag. Congrats on finally getting it.

Thx for the compliment, it was actually really hard for me to decide on one alot of the ones out there are unisex type bags. So I am happy I found the Billykirk website because I was losing all hope there for awhile......LOL

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
Thx for the compliment, it was actually really hard for me to decide on one alot of the ones out there are unisex type bags. So I am happy I found the Billykirk website because I was losing all hope there for awhile......LOL

Very cool.

Mine is more of a Unisex type bag even though it is from the Men's line. I like it and I got the big thumb's up from the wife on appearance so that is all that matters, right?

Your's is very "indy"-like. :cool:

You should show pics of the inside with the iPad inside. Just so we get an idea of interior size.

Curtisc83

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2010
Very cool.

Mine is more of a Unisex type bag even though it is from the Men's line. I like it and I got the big thumb's up from the wife on appearance so that is all that matters, right?

You should show pics of the inside with the iPad inside. Just so we get an idea of interior size.

Thats a great idea, so thats what I did. With the iPad in its Apple case there is more room for something else if that something else isn't huge.

Attachments

• IMG_0504.JPG
    IMG_0504.JPG
    747.2 KB · Views: 147

Curtisc83

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2010
Very cool.

The thumbs up from the wife is a huge deal. Mine gave the thumbs up after I showed it to her via Skype today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.