Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amnesiac1984

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2002
Europe
Hey all, I'm quite excited, just ordered a DP 1ghz Powermac G4 from the apple store for education here in the UK.

This is my first new mac for 5 years, w00t.

Anyway, i odered the basic system except i downgraded from superdrive to combo cos i don't need a superdrive and need to save cash! It says estimated build time to be 2-3 weeks. Does anyone know how accurate this is? I remember when my dad ordered a rev,a Tibook and he upgraded RAM on the BTO options and it took literally six weeks or more to arrive. This may have been something to do with the fact that the rev.b TiBook's were launched on the day that his arrived at our door! GUTTED! :p

SO if anyone could let me know when I could expect to see my shiny new PowerMAc i'd be most grateful!

Also i ordered a nice new 17" studio alongside, I should get the rebates should I not, as I added it on the BTO page? This is said to ship in 2 - 3 days so I will be stuck with a beautiful monitor and nothing to use it on as my beige G3 is on VGA unfortunately!! WIll they ship my LCD straight away or will they wait until my PowerMAc is ready?

Thanks in Advance guys/gals

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.