Just ordered a Toshiba 1TB HDD

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by deepakvrao, Mar 8, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

2. macrumors regular

I would've stayed away from this one. I think you have plenty of feedback from that particular thread. I wouldn't even have considered this drive.

good luck.

3. macrumors 6502

BigMcGuire

If he's like me, you see a good deal about something, buy it, then later search the forums for it and have that "ahh ****" moment. lol.

That said, I've used WD 1 TB drives with my Macbook Air - no problem, along with a 320 GB My Passport drive (for TimeMachine backups).

4. thread starter macrumors regular

I never dreamt that there would be issues with drives. I actually thought that there would be little to choose between manufacturers. I normally research and buy, and this was an impulse buy when I got a 10% voucher for ebay [which I could have just as well used for a Seagate or WD drive].

Trying to get the seller to send me s WD/Seagate, and I'll pay the difference.

5. macrumors 68000

6. thread starter macrumors regular

Seller agreed to cancel and refund the order. Looking at a Seagate GoFelx 1TB.

Can someone warn me if it's another dud please?

7. macrumors 6502a

in the thread you linked they say that usb3 drives don't work on MBA, but that's not true.
    I have a 1tb verbatim external hdd which works fine with mba.
    It obviously doesn't have the usb3 speed since mba has no usb3, but it works normally.

8. thread starter macrumors regular

That particular drive has issues with the MBA, I think.

9. macrumors newbie

ITB drive for MBA

I use a 1.5 TB external HD form Freecom with MBA - is has USB 3 and works faultlessly and very fast - It is made of Magnessium material which matches the appearance of the MBA