Just ordered my 12" powerbook

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Stinkythe1, Jun 12, 2005.

1. Stinkythe1 macrumors regular

I know there are hundreds of these threads out there, but I'm sure someone out there sheds a tear whenever someone switches. So this is what I got:

- 12" powerbook /w superdrive
    - Bluetooth mouse
    - Applecare

It should be here either Thursday or Friday. So happy!

I've used windows my entire life, ever since 3.0. My brother switched to linux, but that seems really technical to me. So very happy I'll be using OS X.

Lately I've been keeping up with what's going on the mac world over the past month or so, and learning a lot about what the OS can do and whatnot. I fix some computers every now and then and it seems like all the time I would say to myself, "If they were using a mac they wouldn't have this problem." Seems like it's either a virus or enormous ammounts of spyware or something. Also, there was one time that I had to find this one file, this one image. And I said to myself, "if only I had spotlight...."

Did I mention I'm happy?

2. stevey500 macrumors 6502

I grew up with windows also... from windows 3.1 to XP to beta Longhorn, DOS, Os/2, Many Distros of linux, got a hold of a G3 tower... got hooked.. bought a nice G4... Now I am selling my G4 Tower and my yamaha blaster 4-wheeler for a 12" PowerBook or possibly a G5 tower.

3. dawgfang macrumors member

I bought my first Apple Friday. It is a 12" Powerbook like yours. I have had more fun discovering all the cool stuff it can do. When I first did a slideshow in iphoto my jaw hit the floor. There are computers and then there are computers that just do what you want and need them to do (Apple).

Did I pay a premium for Apple? Yes

Was it worth it? Very much yes!!!

4. Ashapalan macrumors 6502a

5. cooknwitha macrumors 6502a

cooknwitha

I was always buying 2nd-Hand Macs that tended to be 3 years old and when I bought this one (iMac G4) it was new and I had the same warm fuzzy feelings as you describe. Also because it was my first experience with OSX.

You can't beat a new Apple. They are beautiful!

6. Stinkythe1 thread starter macrumors regular

Did I mention that this is going to be the first laptop that I've ever owned? I can't wait to take it to the bathroom with me and take a dump while surfing the net.

7. Zman5225 macrumors 6502a

To much info, but hey congrats on your purchase! I am hoping to be making that exact same purchase here in 2 months.

_Z

8. sw1tcher macrumors 65816

sw1tcher

:D LOL

9. CmdrLaForge macrumors 68040

CmdrLaForge

Hi,

congrats.

Getting a new Mac now is not a bad idea. But I would not invest too much in Software at the moment but wait until versions with the universal binaries are out.
    Cheers
    LaForge

10. Eideard macrumors newbie

I'm another Switcher -- starting with the Mini a few months ago. I bought my 12" Powerbook about 4 weeks ago. Wait till you check out that keyboard! I've never before been enthusiastic about a bloody keyboard.

And one suggestion: take the time to stick the CD's for all your software around the house into that SuperDrive and see if it has an Apple version onboard. I knew a few standards I owned were Apple-ready [like Photoshop Elements 2]; but, I got a few other welcome surprises when I wandered through all the stuff I owned.

11. CmdrLaForge macrumors 68040

CmdrLaForge

Which ones ?

12. Stinkythe1 thread starter macrumors regular