Just ordered my sweet new 20" iMac!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by MacFan782040, Sep 21, 2005.

1. MacFan782040 macrumors 6502a

MacFan782040

Yup. Can't wait... Some questions tho!

1) I ordered using my Mom's credit card... but it's being shipped to my dorm room. Will it take longer to get to me since they have to verify that its not some kind of fraud thing?

2) It says shipping within 24 hours...and it will take up to 5 days. How long is it really? What's the average that it took you guys?

3) I ordered through the education store to get my discount.. will this make it longer too to verify or whatever they do?

I want it by Saturday...but I don't know it that will happen :(

2. EvilDoc macrumors 6502a

EvilDoc

CONGRATS!! dont think you will get it by saturday, but ill keep my fingers crossed for you

3. volcomjerk macrumors newbie

I wish I was going through the same anticipation phase you are going through I just got my iMac 20" and now all the anticipation is gone... :(

BUT NOW...

I anticipate getting home to my new 20" iMac everyday!

CONGRATS!

4. maya macrumors 68040

maya

Congratulations to your on your decision.

The iMac 20" is a fine products, and no I am not being bias. ;) :)

5. Bear macrumors G3

This is two seperate questions. When will it ship? Within 24 hours of you ordering it unless they need to verify information, then within 24 hours of that verification.

As for delivery time, you profile says you're in PA, the iMac will probably ship from California. Expect it sometime next week probably.

6. MacFan782040 thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacFan782040

NooooooOOooOOOooooOOooooooo......... :(

7. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Sadly yes. Apples shipping times tend to be a bit on the slow side.

It took ~2 weeks for them to ship my Power Mac G5 to me.
    Although, I believe that there was some sort of manufacturing holdup on Apple's part.

Anyways, congrats on the purchase of your awesome new 20" iMac G5! :)
    Enjoy it!!! :)

8. MacFan782040 thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacFan782040

I remember getting my iPod in 2-3 days. I'm sure it didn't come from Cali though...

9. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

My iPod Mini was shipped from Shanghai, China I believe (although it only took about 3-4 days to arrive).

10. roadapple macrumors regular

It's up to the credit card company. When I bought my pbook online and had it shipped to a different address then the cc billing address, Apple send me an email that the order was delayed and to contact my credit card company. So I called them and confirmed that this was a real purchase and all was well, but it delayed the order a couple of days.

11. AmericanCliche macrumors newbie

I just got a 20inch iMac from the Apple store (just over 24 hours ago). I used my student ID to get the student discount. I was thinking of waiting for the intel line, but I'm so happy I just got the computer... besides it'll be awhile before they have intel iMacs. I prefer getting comptuers at the Apple store, just because I hate waiting for an Apple product once I decide to buy it.

12. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

My 17" iMac (and my G4 before it) arrived the day after I ordered it. One of the benefits of living in a small country :cool:

13. MacFan782040 thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacFan782040

I was gonna buy it from an Apple store....but i dont know.. something about it being shipped to you being the "freshest" quality, convience of not driving, and the excitement waiting for it.

Update: Looks like my mini will be coming today. (UPS)

FedEx says my iMac was recieved and it's being shipped from China.

WooHoooooo

14. iGary Guest

iGary

Nah. I have ordered tons of stuff with my previous employers CC online from Apple and it was never an issue.

As long as all of the billing info matches and is correct, they usually don't care where they send it.