Just ordered powermac!!! but got some questions!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by absolutmp5, Apr 27, 2005.

1. absolutmp5 macrumors regular

well after a year i have finally ordered the powermac g5 2.7 ghz machine. I dont know if its the wisest descion or how long this beast will last but im glad the wait is finally over though it sucks a** that it wasn't as large as everyone was hoping for. Just a few questions though.

1. is this machine going to be able to run highly intensive stuff like maya and hd video smoothly.

2. Is this machine going to be delivered on time properly or will i have to wait a few months?

2. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

I heard that some machines were shipped out to some of the retailers already, so I'm going to say no, your not going to have to wait for months. That's an awesome machine. I hope you love it. I'm going to get one soon too. :D

3. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

Dual 2.7? Not running good programs? Ha!

My G5 (See below) can have FCP HD, Motion, DVD Studio Pro, iTunes, AIM, Livetype, Mail, Firefox, Soundtrack, Photoshop, and be FOLDING at the same time and still little or no slowdown.

Of course i'm not using them all at the same time but jsut as a demonstartion i can have all those open and do espose re-sizing and all that cool finder stuff with no slowdown.

That machine you got there will tear up....... if you got a good amount of ram.

oh yeah maya rocks on this :cool:

Attached Files: