Just ordered Prey and Max Payne

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by cableguyis19, Apr 27, 2007.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi,

I Just wanted to let everybody know I purchased a copy of both Prey and Max Payne for the Mac.
    Having played both games in demo version, I fired up macgamestore (in Firefox hehe) and bought retail copies.

You know what's funny... I found out that 3dreams/apogee have been planning Prey for quite a while now (since 1996 if I'm not mistaken).

Anyhow,
    I think that supporting the Mac as a gaming platform is very important

2. macrumors 6502a

xli_ne

thanks for the update.

3. macrumors 68020

Good to hear that Mac gaming still exists. :cool:

4. macrumors 6502

daze

Is there a demo version of Max Payne for the Mac? I wasn't able to find it...

5. macrumors G3

Counterfit

Max Payne is a pretty good game. It was well worth $20 when I bought it about 3.5 years ago, and certainly worth the $10 or so it probably goes for now.

6. macrumors 68020

I got Max Payne free a couple years ago when I bought a few other titles from macgamestore.com. Don't know if they still have that available or not. Not normally the kind of setting I go for in games, but it was pretty good and worth playing once anyway. And no, there wasn't a demo I don't think.

--Eric

7. macrumors Core

Dagless

I thought Prey had a friggin brilliant idea behind it, but didn't execute it as well as it could have been. Still it's one of the better FPS games IMO that has a brilliant start and middle.

Max Payne was quite good too. It dragged on but again (like Prey) had a wonderful gameplay stratagem that was enjoyable to play with. The narrative cutscenes were just so beautiful and really well made.

2 good games that should fill up a few weeks of your life.