1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Just ordered Prey and Max Payne

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by cableguyis19, Apr 27, 2007.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi,

I Just wanted to let everybody know I purchased a copy of both Prey and Max Payne for the Mac.
    Having played both games in demo version, I fired up macgamestore (in Firefox hehe) and bought retail copies.

You know what's funny... I found out that 3dreams/apogee have been planning Prey for quite a while now (since 1996 if I'm not mistaken).

Anyhow,
    I think that supporting the Mac as a gaming platform is very important

2. macrumors 6502a

xli_ne

thanks for the update.

3. macrumors 68020

Good to hear that Mac gaming still exists. :cool:

4. macrumors 6502

daze

Is there a demo version of Max Payne for the Mac? I wasn't able to find it...

5. macrumors G3

Counterfit

Max Payne is a pretty good game. It was well worth $20 when I bought it about 3.5 years ago, and certainly worth the $10 or so it probably goes for now.

6. macrumors 68020

I got Max Payne free a couple years ago when I bought a few other titles from macgamestore.com. Don't know if they still have that available or not. Not normally the kind of setting I go for in games, but it was pretty good and worth playing once anyway. And no, there wasn't a demo I don't think.

--Eric

7. macrumors Core

Dagless

I thought Prey had a friggin brilliant idea behind it, but didn't execute it as well as it could have been. Still it's one of the better FPS games IMO that has a brilliant start and middle.

Max Payne was quite good too. It dragged on but again (like Prey) had a wonderful gameplay stratagem that was enjoyable to play with. The narrative cutscenes were just so beautiful and really well made.

2 good games that should fill up a few weeks of your life.