Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dylangurl21

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 16, 2005
Hey guys,

I just had a stock iMac ship from china. Is this normal now? I thought only personally configued machines shipped from china.

RollTide

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2006
Alabama
Mine shipped from China too. I was worried about how long it would take. I ordered it friday morning and it arrived Wednesday afternoon. That was pretty good in my opinion. Love the thing, hope you have the same experience.

dylangurl21

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 16, 2005
I have an iBook...but have been contemplating what iMac to get for a long time. However, I do plan to leave it unopened until the 7th...just in case the get an update so I dont have to pay the restocking fee.

RollTide

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2006
Alabama
dylangurl21 said:
I have an iBook...but have been contemplating what iMac to get for a long time. However, I do plan to leave it unopened until the 7th...just in case the get an update so I dont have to pay the restocking fee.

Yeah, I was going to wait, but with what I am planning on doing with it, This thing screams so I'm completely happy.

P.S. After a few years you could buy the C2D and put it in(So I have read). So its up to you, what are you planning on doing with your iMac?

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
dylangurl21 said:
Hey guys,

I just had a stock iMac ship from china. Is this normal now? I thought only personally configued machines shipped from china.
Congrats, hope your not to upset when they update the machine this month or next.:eek:

dylangurl21

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 16, 2005
yeah..which is why it will stay unopened until the 7th... i think a week is fine. but you can't always wait. there will always be something better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.