Just Passed my Technician class Amateur Radio Exam!!!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by yah00z, Jul 24, 2006.

1. yah00z macrumors regular

Yay for me! I am way stoked. I have been interested in radio communicaiton for several years. My friend gave me a handheld radio with a dead battery and no power cord. He told me if I got my license he would give me the radio and the charger, :) . This was on Saturday. Saturday night I took the practice exams on qrz.com for a couple hours. Went to take the exam Sunday morning at 9am and passed with flying colors. It's 35 questions, you can miss up to 9 and still pass, I missed two of them. I am very pleased with myself. Can't wait for the FCC to issue me my call sign!!! Sorry guys, just had to boast.

Anyone else here a ham?

2. d wade macrumors 65816

d wade

3. yah00z thread starter macrumors regular

Well

If you knew what you could do with it, and you were interested in it, you might not have such a reaction. Sorry for being happy?

4. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

don't be lame...

yah00z, good job- i don't know much about radio, but have a friend who enjoys playing around with it a bit.

5. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

Congratulations, yah00z! I used to be into amateur radio, but I never got above Novice level and I let my license expire several years ago now. My call sign was KB4QQE.

P.S. Check out this thread from the past...

6. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

7. maestro55 macrumors 68030

maestro55

Congratulations!!!!! That is great to hear. I have been a ham now for alittle over 5 years and I now hold the Extra class license. I am glad to hear that you took the first step in getting involved with amateur radio and I wish you the best of luck in exploring the various different things that you can do with amateur radio aswell as perhaps upgrading your license.

73 de kd5owo