Just picked up Final Fantasy for the PSP

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by asxtb, May 22, 2007.

1. macrumors 6502

Just got FF, and I've been having some fun with it tonight. The FF series were the only non-sports games that I could play that I wouldn't get bored with in 5 minutes. Does anyone know, is FF7 coming out on the PSP? I loved that game and have been wanting to play it again recently. :eek:

2. Guest

Sky Blue

hahaha, no.

There's been rumours of VII on PS3 for a while but nothing has come of it yet (other than a tech demo). SE like money too much to remake one of their most popular games.

(You can of course buy the PS1 version and emulate it on your PSP, but that'd be naughty.)

3. macrumors 6502a

Coded-Dude

reports are not confirmed(that I know of), but its been hinted at several times.
    I'm sure we'll see it on the PlayStation store soon enough though.
    But they may just do another remake - same characters/places, different timeline/storyline.

4. Guest

Sky Blue

[​IMG]

5. macrumors Core

Dagless

FF on the PSP- I heard that was a port of Dawn of Souls. Is it? I really liked them on the GBA since I missed out on the NES originals.

6. Guest

Sky Blue

It's got the dungeons of Dawn of Souls and the FMV of Orgins, but re-done graphics.

7. macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

No, but there is a Final Fantasy 7 spin-off. It's called FF7: Crisis Core, and covers the events before and during the game from a different perspective (that of Zack).

8. macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

FF Tactics is coming sometime this year to the PSP :D huzzah! I can waste hours upon hours of my life again!

9. macrumors Core

Dagless

FF:Tactics would surely be in the bargain bin section of most games now?

10. macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Probably, I have had it since it came out on my PS1. But I want it portable, with a few new job classes and you can battle other people with it.

11. macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

The original, yes.
    There's a sequel to the GBA version on the DS. I assume the PSP version is a sequel too?

12. macrumors Core

Dagless

Nope.
    DS gets the sequel and the PSP gets an updated port.

13. macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

It's a pity the GBA game was pure crap compared to the PS1 version. I hope they do better with the DS title :)

14. macrumors 6502

Thought I saw that both are coming out on the PSP. Though, I could be making that up. :eek: Can't check since I'm at work.

15. macrumors 6502

Yeah, I know about Crisis Core, but I'm interested in the original FF7. May have to look into CC anyway.

16. macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

I just finished playing FF1 on PSP, and I thought it was pretty great. It's basically the same as the Dawn of Souls version, except it has much nicer graphics.

When screenshots first leaked of the ability to buy PSP games from the PS3 store, FF7 was on the list, but there has been no other indication that FF7 will be released for PSP... I sure hope it will be though.

Crisis Core will of course be for PSP, but it seems more like an action game than a strict RPG.

17. macrumors Core

Dagless

18. Guest

Sky Blue

I think it's as likely that SE will sell FF7 for cheap on the PSN as Sony cutting the PS3 price to $249.99 for the holidays.

19. Guest

Sky Blue

20. macrumors 6502a

Coded-Dude

Dissidea, Crisis Core, Star Ocean and FF Tactics all coming to PSP(as well as others)

21. Guest

Sky Blue

*licks lips*

22. macrumors 6502a

Coded-Dude

I'm thinking about driving down to Frisco for the "party"